some old corps photos

What a great photo.... :huh:

It looks to me like that is Bob Stewart turning and looking at George and yes it is a great photo

It looks to me like that is Bob Stewart turning and looking at George and yes it is a great photo

I think it's too big to be Bob Stewart, however if it is them, they both have my shorts on.

3 people fit into my clothes, those 2 and me! WHAT FUN! :huh:

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much for the Memphis Blues photos..this is so frickin cool and the photos are awesome..you rock..Old Ohio... :huh: You made my day...

OMG........Look what you people have made me do.......this is me!

RomaBluecoats1977.jpgI forgot I had this picture. You all made me go find it!

We were small back in the day, but we were proud!

Those were some of the greatest days of my life. The Bluecoats gave me a purpose. The Bluecoats kept me out of trouble. Marching with the Bluecoats taught me discipline, loyalty, and esprit de corps. Drum Corps gave me something to which to aspire. And Drum Corps led me to the greatest love of my life.

I can NEVER understand when kids who marched in Drum Corps forgot what it was like to be part of such a great activity. I find very few of the Bluecoats from my day on any forums anywhere. How many old time, small corps people are lost to the activity forever? And, why? :ramd:

Great picture, Roma! And you've summarized perfectly what drum corps meant to me at that time in my life. I don't have an answer for why it doesn't seem to have been as powerful a force in the lives of others. It could be that they do have fond memories of their corps years, but they express them in other ways (interacting with alumni organizations, etc.). I used to post on the drum corps newsgroup, which is how I came to find out about DCP, so I check in regularly. And what a joy it is to see not only great pictures of other corps, but the pictures you posted of my own corps. I have the photos my dad took, which I've practically burned into my memory, but how fun it is to see the pictures of us that you posted here! That's the beauty of this thread. Hopefully word will get out so that more and more people are aware of the history unfolding, right before our eyes, right here!

TNMemphisBluesBrassbandDBCorps19823.jpg

1982 MB3

Yay, old ohio's at it again! This are fantastic pictures! I never got to see Memphis Blues Brass Band, so it's great to see your photos of them. Got anything of Oakland?

Edited by byline

Byline,

I don't know if you saw my post much earlier in the thead so I'll tell you agian. I was in the stands the night you where takin' about in Murray , Ky. Yes it was HOT as heck that night ! That bank time and temp. sign is still there !

Did you ever know a drum instr. by the name of Richard McClenden {sp} ? I think he also marched in Oak/Etob. Crusaders in the mid 70's.

OHCantonBlueCoats1984.jpg

OHCantonBlueCoats19841.jpg

1984 Bluecoats

sorry but that is 1981 Bluecoats - we only wore those uniforms 2 years 1981 & 1982 but in 1982 the jacket was opened and a ruffled shirt was worn underneath. also red piping was added to the silver and black stipes on the front of the jacket.

TNMemphisBluesBrassbandDBCorps19823.jpg

1982 MB3

We tried the grease under the eyes during 1 prelims, it didn't work, but I believe we kept on doing it that season. So funny to remember things like that! We thought it would cut down on the glare on the rifle. Why the rest of the corps did it I have no idea, maybe they thought we were doing it as a fashion statement or to look tough!! :P

On MB3 I love the way the tape on the rifle lines up with the skirt! Great pictures and looks like some fabulous guards on these last few pages!!

I didn't remember that Bluecoats were around for so long! I'm not sure if it's their uniform or if their guard moved like the late 70s early 80s Spirit of Atlanta.

This thread just keeps getting better and better!! So many members marching back then at one time, it's amazing how many very talented corps were around........... :huh: