some old corps photos

Paul - you shoulda had a Scottish TAM hangin' from yer head, man!

Some of us Wisconsin guys would have wanted your rudimental precision and training way back!

:P

Look at my drum corps history - I AM a Wisconsin guy! :blink:

Here's another one from 1967. My brother was 11 and played soprano. My Dad marched with the Sunrisers that year. He felt you really couldn't be an effective corps director unless you knew what it was like from the member's viewpoint, in addition to being an instructor, volunteer, driver, cook, etc. He has done it all over the years. He and my Mom are still traveling the entire season minus one week with a top Div. I corps at the age of 73.

1967_2.jpg

Dave,

I remember our corps director Carmen Cirlincione talking fondly about your mom and dad and the impact they had with the Garden State Circuit. Good days and good times back then!

Dave,

I remember our corps director Carmen Cirlincione talking fondly about your mom and dad and the impact they had with the Garden State Circuit. Good days and good times back then!

Thanks for remembering. I remember Carmen very well. It is unfortunate that people like him and my Dad are no longer running corps. There would probably be alot more corps around if they were. They kept the "second level" circuits, like Garden State, Eastern States, Greater NY Circuit, Eastern Mass, etc., alive and well. No offense to the current generation of Directors, but people like Carmen gave up everything to run their corps. Not many volunteers left in drum corps today, particularly at the management levels :( .

Here's another one from 1967. My brother was 11 and played soprano. My Dad marched with the Sunrisers that year. He felt you really couldn't be an effective corps director unless you knew what it was like from the member's viewpoint, in addition to being an instructor, volunteer, driver, cook, etc. He has done it all over the years. He and my Mom are still traveling the entire season minus one week with a top Div. I corps at the age of 73.

1967_2.jpg

where's sue? she wasn't around yet?

Well well well, Mister Bach has PROVEN that he's HOLDING BACK here - great pic and am hoping to see more - and not just of 70 VFW - got any of a show we actually WON that year - like Shriner's, fer instance????

Nah, I finally got a scanner and figured out how to use photobucket. Also, sorry to report..........that's the only photo I've ever had of us in '70 (hey, at least we're both in it). (And RPilot had the unmitigated gall :P to ask for any photos of St. Paul Scouts from '70.....after they beat us that year in Iowa....)

I have some B&W's from Whitewater '78 that I'll post eventually.