some old corps photos

BD016.jpg

Like, Vickie, my memories of the change are a bit hazy LOL!

But this I do remember: Shirley Stratton had quit teaching after 1980 and Stacey/Stephanie Lynde had taken over along with Jay Murphy, so it's safe to say the ideas for the change started there.

It was a HUGE change. The traditional cadet-style uniforms were easy to "hide" in. They weren't form fitting and one girl looked much like the next. No more in 1981. Teenaged girls all over Concord were suddenly much more concerned about their figures!

We did get an interim change in the form of the winter guard uniforms:

BD013.jpg

And I don't recall scuba divers or flight attendants coming to mind but I do remember references to "seal butts"!

Major flight attendents!!!

Seal butts....hmmmm *tapping finger on tooth*

Honey???!!!! B)

Are you sure about the date?? Star only wore aussies in 1985, and that Regiment pick looks like 86...87 was the all white uni.

Isn't it likely that an '87 program used photos from previous years, not the current year?

Yes these photos are from a 1987 program. The pics are more than likely a previous year.

Isn't it likely that an '87 program used photos from previous years, not the current year?

I have posted photos from this program so far for 1995,1992,1989,1988,and 1987.

Yet to come are 1986,1985,1984,1983,and 1982.

All of the photos have articles with info on the corps. If anyone would like the info on any particular corps let me know.

Yes these photos are from a 1987 program. The pics are more than likely a previous year.

Troopers in 1979.

troopers79.JPG

Are you sure about the date?? Star only wore aussies in 1985, and that Regiment pick looks like 86...87 was the all white uni.

That picture of PR looks like '78-'80. Any PR alumni out there to verify?

That picture of PR looks like '78-'80. Any PR alumni out there to verify?

Where's Rocketman??

I don't remember that brooch on the baldric in the time frame you mentioned...and the guard DID wear the same basic uni as the rest of teh corps in 86

A mystery to solve in any case!

Where's Rocketman??

I don't remember that brooch on the baldric in the time frame you mentioned...and the guard DID wear the same basic uni as the rest of teh corps in 86

A mystery to solve in any case!

The photo is post '78 and probably post '79. The tunic aka waiters jackets and the gauntlets are exactly the same that were used in the late 70's. We had the brooch in the late 70's as well, probably earlier. Note the citation cord in the photo. We did not have those pre-'79. You can see the silks in the background (looks like a fire/sun motif going on there) and I can't place those so I'm thinking the photo has to be '80 or later. I didn't see Regiment again until 1984. By then even the tunic was completely different. This photo can't be from '86. I can't believe they would replace newer tunics with those cheesey waiters jackets that we wore in the late '70's. If I were guessing, I'd say the photo had to be early 80's.