some old corps photos

There are some pics in the yearbook of Binghamton. I'll have to dig out my copy and see if they'll scan decently. :-)

Okay, these are scanned out of our 1976 BD Yearbook so the quality's not great, but you get the idea.

BD0006.jpg

BD0007.jpg

BD0005.jpg

Nah, twasn't anything new. In '72 it rained hard in Cheyenne WY and the field was such a muddy mess that we wore "Texaco" trash bags instead of our brand new unis. The yell of "Go Go Texaco!" followed us around for the rest of the season.

LOL. That is hilarious!

:P

A couple more from the 1976 Binghamton show.

BD0008.jpg

BD0009.jpg

Would that be Mark Avila?

He marched in BD 82 and designed a couple of our t-shirts as well. I'm pretty sure he marched Crossmen prior to Blue Devils.

Mark Aviles marched for the LI Kingsmen, Crossmen and ended with BD in '82. He started by painting Drum Corp characters on walls and t shirts around Long Island. He did a great Mad Magazine, Spy vs Spy with Bridgemen uniforms. I might have drawing that in an old box.

Now he is in the medical industry living in Southern Jersey.

These photos and stories are GREAT!!!

More, more, more!

Nah, twasn't anything new. In '72 it rained hard in Cheyenne WY and the field was such a muddy mess that we wore "Texaco" trash bags instead of our brand new unis. The yell of "Go Go Texaco!" followed us around for the rest of the season.

And, the next season when it rainined so hard in Stillwater, that we had to do repeat performance...."Be the corps that wears the star!"

Can anyone dig up any photos of his? :lookaround:

Edited by Tansea

Okay, these are scanned out of our 1976 BD Yearbook so the quality's not great, but you get the idea.

I just have to point out that the guy in the striped shirt is Dave Gibbs!

BD0007.jpg

Dazed and looking like he is in a fly catching contest? B)

Edited by Tansea