some old corps photos

The Rest of the Velvet Knights Orange County CA. Fair July 1978

VK-OCFair170a.jpg

That's Gary Smith on baritone at the end. I think that's Chris Lee right next to him.

VK-OCFair184a.jpg

Steve Smith on bass drum. Looks like Kenny Turner is to the left of the cymbal.

VK-OCFair148a.jpg

Kevin Higgins and D'Nita (Dee Dee) White walking along the parade route... out of uniform.

VK-OCFair171a.jpg

Robbie Cotton in kerchef getting on bus #5. Our "new" bus that year.

Nancy

do you have any front sideline shots of blue devils 1978? the soloists perhaps?

Ronny! Whazzup?

Nancy

Speaking of Sandi, does anyone know her whereabouts? I recall her and Merc moving away to the east coast a few years back.

Speaking of Sandi, does anyone know her whereabouts? I recall her and Merc moving away to the east coast a few years back.

She lives in NJ now. She was in Pasadena this year for the VK tailgate party at Semis.

Nancy

Quote name='SoundmanG' date='Dec 24 2007, 10:17 AM' post='2107310']

Remember Debbie Clift? What became of her?

Was Debbie Clift a blond or brunette? I always got the names mixed up between Debbie Clift and Debbie Curtis. The blond one married DM Richard King.

And who was that gal in Boise who was our local host and ended up joining the corps as a silk?

I don' recall anyone joining in Boise in '79. I do recall a silk leaving in Boise after Ms. Rieke was in her usual form of childlike bullying and rudeness. The girl that left was Donetta aka Donut.

Nancy

Ronny! Whazzup?

hey dave.

it's been a l.....o.....n.....g time

i'm here in LA writing film music and sound designing. Bob McClure says that you are in the area somewhere down here.?.

i saw Chris and Larrie for the first time in 25 years this summer at the Anaheim show.

I'm in Venice. It would be great to see you.

oh, and i'm for bringing back the piston and the rotor!!! enough of this NONSENSE with valves......all three of them.

real men and women play piston - rotor

ron

Edited by homebilly

Here you go Sue. Not sure your friend is in these but here are a couple more of Cavies 1978.

cavaliers7.jpg

cavaliers8.jpg

Thanks so much! Mikey would be somewhere in the flag line. Tall, skinny guy. I can't make out the faces well enough to see if I can spot him, but I'm enjoying the photos anyway. Thanks, again!

I'm not sure what I have posted but I'm pretty sure these are new. Sorry if they are a bit blurry but Sue you said you wanted them all.

crusaders18.jpg

crusaders20.jpg

crusaders21.jpg

Yup, these are new. Don't worry about the blur; something is always better than nothing! Thanks a bunch! :shutup:

Just so you know, the Oakland photos of yours that I've collected from DCP postings are crusaders1-11, then it skips to crusaders16, then crusaders 18-21. So it appears that there are still a few missing (crusaders12-15 and crusaders17).

But, as I've said before, I appreciate everything you've posted. Thanks again!

Edited by byline

Thanks so much! Mikey would be somewhere in the flag line. Tall, skinny guy. I can't make out the faces well enough to see if I can spot him, but I'm enjoying the photos anyway. Thanks, again!

What's your friends name?

BTW, that is me, the sop behind the African American.

Lastly, you need to burn these photo's. We are trying to erase all evidence of the 1978 year. This time period is called The Dark Years for a reason.

What's your friends name?

Mike Kilburn. He passed away passed away on Dec. 12, 1990.

BTW, that is me, the sop behind the African American.

Lastly, you need to burn these photo's. We are trying to erase all evidence of the 1978 year. This time period is called The Dark Years for a reason.

Oh, I know. Mike talked a lot about how awful that year was. It was a strange one for us, too . . . but I'm glad to have photos of it, anyway.