some old corps photos

One of my two cats decided to toss her cookies at the exact moment I had my WGI yearbooks out. She missed the yearbooks, fortunately, but nailed two of my WGI "Images" magazines. Her aim couldn't have been better. :(

So, I cleaned them off and scanned the photos. I'll post the links so that you can go and see all the photos, but then I'll also post a few of my favorites:

October 1984 WGI Images magazine

May 1985 WGI Images magazine

Sue, Thanks for posting the info from the winter guard magazine, I found a picture of me from 1973, I was proably only 12 years old. I marched in the Sahler Sedan Cadets from Coatesville, Pa and then the 1st Staters from Wilmington Delaware in 1974. Do you have any pictures of the 1st Staters??? I only have one, that I think was taken after our dress rehersal in Delaware. I have been meaning to go to the VFW post 287 to see if there are any pictures filed away somewhere that they would be willing to copy for me. These pictures really do need to be preserved. :thumbup: Thanks again Crossmen82

Sue, Thanks for posting the info from the winter guard magazine, I found a picture of me from 1973, I was proably only 12 years old. I marched in the Sahler Sedan Cadets from Coatesville, Pa and then the 1st Staters from Wilmington Delaware in 1974. Do you have any pictures of the 1st Staters??? I only have one, that I think was taken after our dress rehersal in Delaware. I have been meaning to go to the VFW post 287 to see if there are any pictures filed away somewhere that they would be willing to copy for me. These pictures really do need to be preserved. :tongue: Thanks again Crossmen82

You're welcome! I'm happy to share! I've actually gone through and enhanced those, too. I really need to replace those with the enhanced version, but just haven't got around to doing it yet.

I don't think I have any pictures of 1st Staters; pretty much everything I have is from a WGI yearbook or magazine.

Edited by byline

Too bad you were not there the next year when Jeff marched right off the podium. He was pretty limber. One leg stayed on top of the podium. It would have made for an interesting photo. It was pretty funny from the field:

Step 1,2,3 turn to the front of the field and..... no Jeff. Where did he go? :tongue:

Actually, I was shooting on the sidelines in 1980 as well. I was shooting for Slingerland for a post-season ad. I must have missed that shot. Briske wouldn't give me a pass for DCW, so Sam G. from Slingerland hired me. I was only shooting drumlines using thier products. Sam told me, "make sure you don't shoot any of those Roger North marching urinals" :ph34r:

BTW, I still have a copy of that ad, IF I can only find it, I will scan it and post it.

Edited by Old School Contra Guy

Sam G. from Slingerland hired me. I was only shooting drumlines using thier products. Sam told me, "make sure you don't shoot any of those Roger North marching urinals" :tongue:

You should be able to photograph Sam G. this summer in the Cavalier Alumni Corps. :ph34r:

Linda "Cookie" Cook

:tongue::ph34r:

And, of course, this is Linda, herself: :tongue:

1974 Seneca Princemen

SenecaPrincemen-1974.jpg

:ph34r::w00t: :w00t:

INCREDIBLE shot. Just... wow. Great picture Linda!

It's funny, the little tricks you learn as you go. I've separated out these two photos as separate files. What I know is that they're both from the year I marched, 1978, as that's the year in which I compiled this scrapbook. As others have noted, the smaller photo is definitely of the 1978 season, the poms being the giveaway. I believe the other photo was something I cut out of Drum Corps World and would have run in '78, but DCW had a habit of running photos that were not necessarily taken during the current year.

Now that I know what I know and have more enhancement tools at my disposal, I'm almost wondering if I should rescan a lot of these photos . . . nah! :tongue:

lancers1.jpg

lancers2.jpg

Edited by byline

:tongue:

INCREDIBLE shot. Just... wow. Great picture Linda!

...thanks to the photographer; whom I can't recall. To think I unearthed this 33 year old photo just a year ago. I'm glad I shared my one Seneca marching photo. Thanks for your comment.

Edited by lindap

What I know is that they're both from the year I marched, 1978

lancers1.jpg

Thanks for verifying the '78 year.

For A27thLancer - I am certain Ellen marched in '77. Her and I sort of had a relationship (no comment John2780 - I left her pure :tongue: )

I am also certain because it was in '77 when we got Marc Sylvester, Marc Champia, the three Patti's, Ellen, Steve and Laurie Martin, and many others from St. Anthony's Band.

It's pretty amazing what technology can do. I've been running all my scanned photos through this enhancement software, the grainier photos through three processes: color correction, restoration and refocus. The result, while not perfect, is greatly improved.

Roma Heinlen posted these photos of Oakland (1978 in Butler, Pa.) here a while back; here's the enhanced version:

1978Etobicoke-Butler1.jpg

1978Etobicoke-Butler2.jpg

1978Etobicoke-Butler3.jpg

1978Etobicoke-Butler4.jpg

1978Etobicoke-Butler6.jpg