some old corps photos

Oh yea, because inspite of where yard lines might be a corps could still put on a show....salt anyone? :thumbup:

Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark!

Garry in Vegas

RE THIS: I absolutely hate Macs. Why? I have to actually try to get one to work...everyday.

Make all the comments you want about PCs and the clever Mac commercials. Good ads doesn't equal good computers IMO.

Just saying - off topic and all. I got my first Apple computer in 1985 worked and played on one ever since. If it weren't for Apple/Mac there still would not be a computer of any kind in the homes of America. And, with the integration of the Lenux platform Macs are faster than ever and as always cooler to look at. Of course I'm a writer/producer and not a number cruncher.

Puppet.

Back to the photographs!

In 1976 Madison didn't change their off the line mid-season, they changed their entire show.

... and finished second!!! Probably the most amazing turnaround in drum corps history. We were the first corps to beat them after their incredible 1975 season. The "Disco" show just didn't work (HELLO 27th 1978). They went home after first tour, and re-wrote the entire show with great results!

How cool you have such great pictures and the memories to go with them.

Thank you for sharing.

and thank you, 1977 Alberta All Girls @ Heckington Show, photo enhanced by doug

1977EnglandHeckingtoncopy.jpg

…as an aside, UNIVAC & WATFOR for computer history…studied theatre, visited Stratford, saw William Hutt…Beethoven’s 5th, disco version, well received in 77 while on our wonderful tour… :thumbup:

Edited by lindap

and thank you, 1977 Alberta All Girls @ Heckington Show, photo enhanced by doug

1977EnglandHeckingtoncopy.jpg

…as an aside, UNIVAC & WATFOR for computer history…studied theatre, visited Stratford, saw William Hutt…Beethoven’s 5th, disco version, well received in 77 while on our wonderful tour… :thumbup:

You were so lucky! My Mother was a JAG lawyer for the US Army and I got to travel all over the world before I was in my teens. Then Drum Corps showed me the country. So my tongue in cheek question is: If traveling the World makes you Worldly, does traveling around the country make you… County?

Love your posts.

Puppet

You were so lucky! My Mother was a JAG lawyer for the US Army and I got to travel all over the world before I was in my teens. Then Drum Corps showed me the country. So my tongue in cheek question is: If traveling the World makes you Worldly, does traveling around the country make you… County?

Love your posts.

Puppet

Thank you. I'm grateful of my drum corps experiences. County? Yes, I'm involved with my community now, however, I miss being in a parade. :thumbup:

btw my photo bucket is almost empty...

Found this while cleaning house the other day. Salina Silver Sabres, 1977. Our parade through the town of Osborne, KS during camp. Bill Dubiel is the DM in the pic, don't recall the mallet players names.

scan0002_edited.jpg