some old corps photos

Hey Greg...I have to admit that it took me a few minutes to write that, 'cause I have a lot of favorite BD lines! I loved the '79 line, BUT, the '80 line is what really drew me! Back in the day when we had retreat ceremonies and the smaller corps had to watch from the back sidelines, I would try to get as far as I could get in uniform to watch from the goal posts to watch the '80 line! It was your line that told me that it was time to audition...I just wish that we could've marched together!

Hey Kelley, I know what you're saying. Marching together would've been fun. I was asked to come back in 81 but I had no doubt that my overage status would've been mentioned to DCI sometime around August so I had to say no (and believe me it was tough to say no). Even though we didn't take drums that year I'm glad we had an influence on you and your dream to march Blue Devils.

Fast forward 28 years and we finally did get to march together last year in the Anaheim Spooktacular Halloween parade with the KAC. The longest one mile parade I've ever ever marched.

IMG_0110FIX.jpg

wow... she looks almost as good in the Kingsmen uni as she did in the Devils uni!

<not flirting... just sayin' so> :tongue:

wow... she looks almost as good in the Kingsmen uni as she did in the Devils uni!

I agree. She was also the first female Kingsmen snare ever :tongue:

Hey Kelley, I know what you're saying. Marching together would've been fun. I was asked to come back in 81 but I had no doubt that my overage status would've been mentioned to DCI sometime around August so I had to say no (and believe me it was tough to say no). Even though we didn't take drums that year I'm glad we had an influence on you and your dream to march Blue Devils.

Fast forward 28 years and we finally did get to march together last year in the Anaheim Spooktacular Halloween parade with the KAC. The longest one mile parade I've ever ever marched.

IMG_0110FIX.jpg

I'm glad Kelley was able to march in the parade with us. :tongue: Having to learn two tunes and a cadence and then jumping into a line full of alumni snares, she fit right in with the rest of the guys. Also, after marching in the same snare line with her for a few years, I finally got to march next to my sweetheart. :tongue:

Edited by stixx777

And she looked good in our red cadets in '79 and '80 too. :tongue:

BTW Kelly, nice save there. :grrr:

I knew I would find some pix during cleaning. 1977 Valiant Knight from Enid, OK. Shot at Great Bend High School during Argonne's home show that year. Thanks to my mom's 110 camera.

scan0011.jpg

More from Silver Sabres pre-season camp performance in Osborne, KS 1977

scan0010.jpg

scan0008.jpg

scan0007.jpg

remember "trooping the stands"?

scan0004.jpg

L to R. unknown, John Morrel:lead bari, Walter Knight, and Terry "Foo-Foo Tounge" Naegle. (boy couldn't tounge a note to save his soul )

2nd Row, DM Bill Dubiel, (yes, that Bill Dubiel) and Cindy Siebert CG Capt.

scan0003.jpg

L to R: Mickey Michaels ?, Unknown, Myself, and Jeff Webber (at one time Blue Knight)

Edited by Old School Contra Guy