some old corps photos

I think this is 1979, it looks like DCI Canada but I don't think they had 6 snares. The Allentown pics I have seen they only have 4 snares.

bac78.JPG

bac79.JPG

I think you're right, that the photos you've posted are from '79 DCI Canada prelims. You've posted other DCI Canada prelims photos of Oakland from that same year, and the intense sunlight matches that of these photos.

I've previously posted these photos I took of Boston at '79 DCI Canada finals in Hamilton; looks like more than four snares there, to me:

boston79hamilton01.jpeg

boston79hamilton02.jpeg

boston79hamilton03.jpeg

boston79hamilton04.jpeg

Here re a couple of more BAC pics. Maybe this wil help you guys figure it out.

bac79-2.JPG

bac79-3.JPG

bac79-4.JPG

Love these photos! That rifle line has a special place in my heart! :thumbup:

L'Insolite 1989

scan0019.jpg

Roland Garceau of BD, Brigadiers and Renegades fame (among others).

I think this is 1979, it looks like DCI Canada but I don't think they had 6 snares. The Allentown pics I have seen they only have 4 snares.

bac78.JPG

I am going on record as saying that photo is from 1980. Doug Dorr on Waldo, and Pierre Bonin is the 4th sanre from the left. Both from the Marlborough Dukes, and both "defected" over the bridge in 1981. :thumbup:

Quad City Knights 1987

scan0012.jpg

I look as hod as I kin and I don't see Brian Bond, our DM, or any Quad City Knights in that photo.

Plus, we didn't become QCK until 1988. 87 was still Geneseo, baby.

I believe that is 1980 in 79 we didnt have the scoops under the snares. And that isnt Krebsie as the drum major who was in 79. and l know that isnt 79.

Dusty

All of these photos are 1979 from DCI Canada Prelims. Our score jumped 10 points overnight.

It is Krebsie: Dave Hanley, Drum Major & Maryellen Rota, Colorguard Caption.

Edited by bobk9258

I am going on record as saying that photo is from 1980. Doug Dorr on Waldo, and Pierre Bonin is the 4th sanre from the left. Both from the Marlborough Dukes, and both "defected" over the bridge in 1981. :thumbup:

Jim you are right on that photo it is 1980, 1979 John Shea carried Waldo. In 1980 It was Doug Dorr who carried Waldo that season.

Edited by bobk9258