some old corps photos

IMG_0030.jpg

Dutch Boy Cadets from 1975 show program

This may be 1974, in Germany, outside of the stadium and inside the stadium was...

AlbertaGirls7.jpg

I started working with Ventures Sept 74, Dutch Boy Cadets Sept 75, Alberta All Girls Nov 76.

Thanks so much for the 75 Princemen scan; no plumes, must have rained. Now I have 2 photos of that year :thumbup:

That's Ken Morrell. Used to bunk at his house back in the old days. He ended up being a high school history teacher in Burlington, WI, not far from Racine. Intersting side note: his daughter was Miss Wisconsin a couple of years back.

Ken was a standout at American Flag when it was generally where your, uh, less-skilled guard folks ended up (at least ours did). Ken's military bearing, presence, and control of the flag (he did this one-handed thing a lot, in-show and otherwise, always flawlessly) made him a recognizable icon for the Kilties. Of course, the fact he had his own unique uniform (only one in the corps with the light blue jacket and Anderson plaid) didn't hurt. He was a great DM in '72 also.

Maybe the best show we ever performed. Best day in the history of the corps.

(ps I'm not hard to find...)

Guessing you'd be the one with Rod Goodhart in-your-face.

No pressure.... :thumbup:

Great drumline, BTW.

Yes. They switched to cut-a-ways starting in....78, I think. I'd guess 72 or 73 (since I think they had 4 tymps by '74 and I only see 3 here)

I found a vid on that site we can't name that was from 1970. They marched 3 triples. I also found a vid from 1971 where they marched 3 sets of doubles. I've never seen anyone march doubles after they marched triples. A tymp could have been missing. I can't really tell how many snares there are. I know they marched triples in 74 and 70. My guess is maybe 71 or 72. It looks like they marched 4 snares, 3 doubles, 3 basses, 4 tymps and 2 cym in 71.

Edited by DAvery