some old corps photos

Remember parades??

hotpants.jpg

Parades are blocked from my memory ... but I do remember HOT PANTS!!! (or as we called them in the 60's SHORT SHORTS!!!!) ... HOO HAA!!!!

:-)

Phantom Regiment 1981 1982

phantom81dci2.jpg

Ummmm.....am I looking at this wrong or are the backfield seats pretty darn full? If those are the backfield seats - wow! And I don't see people in uniform, so it is not apparent that these people are members of other corps which had already performed and are now watching the rest of the show. ???

1986 Santa Clara Vanguard

1986SCV.jpg

This is the vantage point from which these Santa Clara shows needed to be seen. Anything closer, and I agree with those who say the props looked kind of cheap and distracted from the show. But, from a distance, IMO they worked quite beautifully . . . especially in '87.

Ummmm.....am I looking at this wrong or are the backfield seats pretty darn full? If those are the backfield seats - wow! And I don't see people in uniform, so it is not apparent that these people are members of other corps which had already performed and are now watching the rest of the show. ???

Back in the day, after we performed in prelims, we changed out of uniform and came back to watch the rest of the corps. So those are probably mostly corps members and staff from corps that had gone on earlier.

Sue, about Vanguard 87...I agree completely about where the show looked the best. I think you sent me a tape of just the high-camera angle, and it was very beautiful.