some old corps photos

Forgot to point out that the 3rd soprano from left is none other than Mike Moxley, former director of the Blue Devils '84-'90. Ya just never know where people end up...

SCV70MaggieBelleDufur.jpg

Millstadt Crusaders 1959 to 1961. Fred Kenetski, old Shako, and Bob Strohm. - Millstadt, IL

xuniform.jpg

Call me insane, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a modern iteration of that as a Crossmen uniform today.

Not a bad idea! If I was a better artist maybe I could come up with something. Here is a more stylized version that was later used by the Millstadt Crusaders on their bass drum head and various corps documents after the Millstadt Crusaders went to a West Point type uniform.

CruShieldClear.GIF

Forgot to point out that the 3rd soprano from left is none other than Mike Moxley, former director of the Blue Devils '84-'90. Ya just never know where people end up...

SCV70MaggieBelleDufur.jpg

Now that you mention it, I recognize that posture. Don't think I ever saw him clean-shaven, though.

Glad to see all the new stuff appearing lately! :thumbup:

Another contribution.

canostomscongas.png

Once again, in honor of the 1975 page, may I present what many people feel (myself included) is the greatest snareline of the DCI era. There is a copy I'll post of the 1975 World Open finals drum sheet showing 1 tic (tenor). Simply the cleanest and most musical line ever put on the field.

SCVSnareline1975.jpg

SCV1975.jpg

Bottom Picture:(L-R)

1. Thomas Brown
  2. Dale Lofgren
  3. Curt Moore
  4. Steve Chorazy
  5. Paul Seibert
  6. Darryl Cox
  7. Rob Carson
  8. Not Pictured: Allan Kristensen

WOW, Thomas Brown, He used to come up to Muchacho rehearsals in 1976 and help tech the snareline as a favor to Don Porter Jr. I believe he marched in a few awsome Blessed Sacrament snarelines before heading to SCV. I also heard that he is currently tutoring young inner city kids in Newark NJ on the finer points of drumming.

You're right Russell.. That will teach me to post in a hurry late night when I'm half asleep.. I just didn't want to miss the 1975 page and end up on '76..

To make up for it, he's a current pic of 4 of the true SCV Ancients:

RightHandAgain.jpg

Dale Lofgren, Curt Moore, Allan Kristensen and Kurt Peterson. Look at those sticks.. 35 years later, and without even thinking about it, the angles are nearly perfect.. simply amazing.

I can only imagine the things that Kurt Peterson experienced during his time in SCV. If I'm not mistaken he said he was also in the original Sparks, and aged out in '74, so he was there from the beginning, all the way up through YPG. What an amazing musical body of work to have been a part of as a teen growing into a young adult. All of them were blessed to be a part of the genesis of what dc is today.

cool