some old corps photos

2004 Fresno Ferns Guard Rehearsal at field behind The Barn.

RON HOUSLEY

FernsGuardRehearsal2004.jpg

Give me directions to their practise field, I'm flying in from Canada!!!!!!!

I'll warm my hands up on the plane !!!!!

b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

Edited by ODBC

1971 Lynwood, CA, Diplomats. Only corps to (1) play "Fire And Rain," and (2) to march with an RCrumb "Keep On Truckin'" flag as part of the regular lineup. Home of future 1972 Best Drum Major at DCI (Anaheim Kingsmen) and other 72 Kingsmen like snare drummer Lance Kellogg and sop/mellophone Jim "Silversteen" Stevenson.....I raised you boys right.

Ex-wife and best gal pal, Jacquie, is first sabre left of center: redheads and spinning cutlery--what WAS I thinking?

RON HOUSLEY

71dips.jpg

Edited by ffernbus3

Re: directions to Ferns barn/practice field/home for wayward color guard women. Come down Hiway 99 to Fresno, turn left when you smell it and stop just before you step in it......actually, it's over behind the main entrance to the Fresno Fern Forest, just ask a local....or listen for the sound: right now it's the Texas Tornados version of "Wasted Days And Wasted Nights," part of the Central Valley Sweat, I mean Suite. Then we start working on "FernGully."

Don't mind the shotguns at guard rehearsals......if they make you nervous we'll only load one or two and let you guess which.

If you don't see us in the future, we'll see you in the pasture.

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3

1971 Lynwood, CA, Diplomats.  Only corps to (1) play "Fire And Rain," and (2) to march with an RCrumb "Keep On Truckin'" flag as part of the regular lineup.  Home of future 1972 Best Drum Major at DCI (Anaheim Kingsmen) and 72 other Kingsmen like snare drummer Lance Kellogg and sop/mellophone Jim "Silversteen" Stevenson.....I raised you boys right.

Ex-wife and best gal pal, Jacquie, is first sabre left of center: redheads and spinning cutlery--what WAS I thinking?

RON HOUSLEY

71dips.jpg

Hey Ron, did Steve Biondo march that year? I'd love to send him this photo if he did.

Stan Knaub on M&M and guard.

I left Drum Corps for a decade or two and when I got back, Stanely was gone. I miss him.