some old corps photos

Zingali

72zingali.jpg

(I believe one of the uni's might have to do with the Crimean War....)

The photo is from Whitewater prelims - 1973. And once again - I am "clipped"out of the photo. I would be on the far right - lugging around a 26" timp.

You should have seen George dancing his "Wee MacGregor" dance step on top of the tables at Pizza Hut in Janesville after finals.

The marching major unis to which LancerFi refers represented the four British Isles - as our entire uniform did. England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.

The marching majors were;

Original Beefeater - Timmy Higgins 71-73 , Ken "Giant" McKay 74

Wee MacGregor - I think was Peter Barry's younger bro (first name ???) from Norwood 1971, Kevin Flynn 1972, Zingali 1973

Blue Boy - I never remember a "formal name" other than Danny Boy for him 1971 and 1972 - imagine - I have no idea who this member is !!!!!!

These members were ceremonial in nature.

The white Aussie Guard Captain lasted until 1971. In 1972, JoAnn Kneeland wore the bussbee.

I am pretty certain that the white Aussie DM hat went out with Richard LaCamera - in 1969. Duffy wore the black Aussie in 1970 and 71, and as a field director/concert drum major only, he wore a tam in 1972.

The minute diff in the Aussie hats was the red pin stripping on the green/white bandana. You had to be up close to see it. In fact, our slacks has an awesome green/white twill stripe down the seam on top of the black stripe.

Edited by LancerLegend

Sorry - double posting - I deleted this to save space for more classic pics. b**bs

Edited by LancerLegend

That's Chuck King, snare on the left

<edit>

Edited by Blue Devil Legend

'Tis a MAGNIFICENT photo of Zingali!