some old corps photos

Ms. Malibu has offered to do the slides I have.  I have 78s graduating members. Wow, 28 or 30 people, M. Sylvester is one of them, however I may be hit by a bus this summer if I post it!! 

I really want a scanner that makes them because I have maybe 8 to 10 boxes to make!!

That's right girl, and the offer still stands! You know where I live. B)

I'm not sure if either of you remember the picture in the parking lot of the rifle line warming up-

Yup, I remember it. Another great photo! Gosh, I love this thread! :)

Oh, I would have been speechless as well.  That's really something to pull together what must have been a slew of pictures!  I'm guessing it was prior to using home computers to print out pics?

No, actually, it was fairly recent, probably only five years ago. I'm not sure, but I don't think that Dad has a scanner. He has a computer and and printer, along with lots of publishing software (for example, he and his wife make up their own cards to send out on birthdays, etc.), but for some reason I'm thinking he doesn't have a scanner. Or, if he does, he doesn't have the capability of scanning the slides. I think he ended up taking the slides in to be developed into prints. So not only was it a lot of work, but it probably cost him a fair chunk o' change, too. Once he started getting prints rather than slides--probably around 1980 or so--my parents began compiling photo albums. So from that point on, it was a matter of going through the photo albums and pulling out the prints. A lot of work, but not nearly the expense. Still, just to get him up to 1980, he had to go through over 20 years' worth of slides, sort through them, get them developed and then ID them.

This whole project started because at one point, probably six or seven years ago, Dad's wife created scrapbooks for each of her three children. Part of the reason she did this was because she wanted to clean out a lot of this stuff and pass it on to her children, so that later on they wouldn't have to decide who got which ones of the family photos, or bear the burden of whatever expenses were involved. Dad told me he wanted to do the same thing for me, my sister and Mom, clear out all those photos and give us the ones we'd be most interested in, then get rid of the rest so that we wouldn't have to deal with that later on.

Edited by byline

Hi - I'm pretty sure it's 85 since the drums are black. Must have been early season.

You may be right Rick! I didn't think about the black drums. I guess I didn't remember the uniform change at the beginning of the season.(I tried to block it out) lol..maybe I came in late (out of Staters) weren't required to come in until May or end of and do one camp. So sorry...If that was May and I was there...I guess getting old really sucks! b**bs :P

:wub:

My hat is off to the members of 27.. I just watched the video on beanman.net and was completely blown away by the excellence of the corps. from the 72 dci championships, to the 94 video........ All I can say, is "Thank you" from the bottom of my heart... I didnt realize how much I missed drum corps, until I watched the videos.... yes I did watch the whole thing...... the wheel in 94 in Danny Boy brough tears to my eyes..............

Again....thanks to every one of you who marched in 27! :wub::wub:

You're hot!!!!!! :wub:

All Lancer Rifles were (still are !!!!) hot as .......... :wub: