some old corps photos

You never saw Prairie Fire perform at ISU in Terre Haute (1986 or 87?). I think they scored a 7.5 if I remember correctly. :sshh:

I agree, this wasn't the Bridgemen's best work, but they did come from the ashes of folding and rebuilding earlier that year and everyone had a good time whenever they were on the field.  b**bs

No, I didn't see them the following year. They didn't come to Port Huron (only show I went to from '83 to '86).

Are you sure this is 1977, and not 1976?  The first soprano on the left looks the one and only David Tippett, which would make it 1976.  And the total corps looks small enough for that first year, too.

...and, OMG, the name is officially mispelled!

And where's the Drum Major? I wish someone had a picture. I have one from the winter indoor show of 75-76, but none from the summer. I may have broken the camera.

The more I look at this, it sure seems like 1976...

Just had a nice email from a lifelong Racine Kiltie supporter George Fennell, webmaster for a brand new website that I suggest all you nostalgia buffs visit as often as possible:

http://www.racinekiltiealumni.org

He's been kind enough to allow me to post some of the pics I've posted here!

And for goshsakes, be sure to sign the guestbook there!

Thank you George!

Edited by RobH

Wow, they've got carriers in stead of straps on the drummers!  What year is this?

Or maybe a better question would be "When were the first drum carriers used and who wore them?"

Those are bass drum/triple/tympani harnesses. They wrapped over the shoulders and ended at the collarbones. Web straps clipped to the harness and to the drum. There is also a waist belt.

They were not used for snares. Slings and leg rests were still the order of that day.

I'd say mid 60s through the early 70s.