some old corps photos

Just out of curiosity I pmed them and they think it's great as well! :blink:

If we could nominate a thread for "Thread of the Year" this would get mine! and I would vote for it! Great job Yoannena for starting it and for all for adding it and contributing and bringing some History here! :blink: I also say thanks to all for adding pictures! :blink:

THAT'S why I asked. There must be a way to save all these pics before photobucket gets overrun by us. Personally, this is better than that stupic DCI Drum Corps History book (which only gives a minor mention to most of these corps).

Edited by apoch003

THAT'S why I asked.  There must be a way to save all these pics before photobucket gets overrun by us.

Hmmm good idea, maybe there is a way for them to save all these! Before photobucket gets invaded by us! They will be going.. :blink:

What is it only California's corps serenade the winners?

How come we didn't serenade BD, nor did anyone else, in 1980? We came 2nd and marched off of the field exactly like the corps 3 to 12???

What's up with that? Anyone know????

What is it only California's corps serenade the winners?

How come we didn't serenade BD, nor did anyone else, in 1980?  We came 2nd and marched off of the field exactly like the corps 3 to 12??? 

What's up with that?  Anyone know????

I'm not sure how it went every year, but as Rob Brown notes in this RAMD post, both Two-Seven and Santa Clara played to Blue Devils during finals retreat in '82. This was one of my all-time favorite Blue Devils shows!

Don't ask me why this suddenly came back to me; it just did. But was Joel's sister's name pronounced Jacinta? I really do think it's both of them, Joel's mom and sister, walking toward the buses in the background of that photo.

Yes it is. I know my memory sucks at times, but in this case I'm pretty sure I spelled her name right.

John

Edited by sarnia sam

Yes it was. I know my memory sucks at times, but in this case I'm pretty sure I spelled her name right.

I have a feeling you are exactly correct. The weird thing is that I have it in reverse; I know how to pronounce her name, but not how to spell it. Usually it's the other way around, for me. Thanks for jogging my memory!