some old corps photos

Didn't Glen....darn, forgot his last name...write the show? Glen marched with BD and also wrote a great horn book for the Rochester Patriots in the 1980's.

hey jeff,

yes the music was rewritten for 86. kerchner wrote the 86 book. the drill was also entirely different. the large moving tornado was gone in 86. the drill.was also restaged between tours so that also changed a lot of stuff in the show.

kevin

hey jeff,

yes the music was rewritten for 86. kerchner wrote the 86 book. the drill was also entirely different. the large moving tornado was gone in 86. the drill.was also restaged between tours so that also changed a lot of stuff in the show.

kevin

I think it was amazing we ended up, what was it, 15th in 85.

I remember seeing the show as a spectator in Overland park during the "1st tour" and seing drummers banging into each other and a really bad drill. The Corps barley got through the show. After seeing that and wanting to do something between High School and College, I decided to call up Dan Jewett and see if you guys needed any spots filled. Well, it turned out he was more than happy to have me come out and play Baritone. The show was totally redone, the Judges didn't seem to welcome the concept but Corps managed to climb toward the top 12.

I guess it turned out ok because had we made 12th in 85 the Corps may not have made 9th in 86. Something to think about.

Didn't Glen....darn, forgot his last name...write the show? Glen marched with BD and also wrote a great horn book for the Rochester Patriots in the 1980's.

yep glen floering(sp). another thing is that his assistant was key poulan (currently writing for scv)

27thGroup87.jpg

Group picture of 27th Members in Madison WI for DCI 1987. Some were already marching other corps and some weny on to march in different corps later. Seen in this pic are Diana Coughlin, Tracey Bourque, Doug Gonya, Nabil Al'Tikri, Doug Casteen, Al Noyes, Chuckie Russo, Bryan Gallatin, Mike Santini (Herc), Mic McMillan, Amy Westufield, Shane Kelbey, Wendy Pope, Linda Grantin.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l258/nee...h86changing.jpg

Here is 27th in 86 getting ready for the 1st show in Waterville Maine. Pictured here is Dave Keck of Avant Garde and Brigs fame waving to the camera. Dan Ollier (contra) in the background and a great shot of CHRISP backside. Thats Noel Borden of LI Kingsmen fame walking across in the background.

27th86offfield.jpg

27th lead sopranos coming off the field in Rome, NY. Pictured here is Brent Blank, Doug Gonya, Doug "Roscoe" Casteen and Phil Hansley.

I marched with Brent Blank with the Bleu Raeders and Louisiana Southernaires, when we won the DCI Class A Championship. We were so proud when he joined 2-7 and pulled for him and the corps to make Finals.

Sadly, we lost Brent in 1989.

RIP, my brother. :thumbup: