some old corps photos

Welcome back Dale! Hope you can find a 1982 pic of Renegades (NY).

Welcome back Dale! Hope you can find a 1982 pic of Renegades (NY).

No problem Keith, if they are in there I'll find them. I'm working on a large pile of 81, then I think I have a bunch for 82.

Dale

A few of SCV 81

81-scv.jpg

What a great picture of BD guard members hugging SCV guard members. So much emotion! :thumbdown:

1969 program scan, Toronto Optimists (sorry about the quality, see below)

1968-optimists2-1.jpg

If I may briefly digress to explain my drum corps roots; on days when we weren’t rehearsing, we’d ride our bicycles to the Optimists rehearsal site near Lakeshore Boulevard, sit on the grass, watch and listen, similar to the photo above but without the uniforms, rehearsal clothing only. I’m an ‘optimist at heart’.

1984 publication, Salute to 50

1984-saluteto50-a.jpg

I have the hardcopy, however the complete publication is online under “Optimist Alumni” web site > Our History > 50 Years of Drum Corps in Canada (7 meg Acrobat File).

1947 De La Salle.This photo also appears under "De La Salle Oakland Crusaders" web site > Galleries > The Mark Reinhardt Galleries.

1947-inspection-a.jpg

We used to take the subway to the College to watch their football games and sometimes De La Salle Oakland Drum and Bugle Corps would be playing at half time. De La Salle College Oaklands is truly an old school. I’m originally ‘old school’ but became ‘Thoroughly Modern Millie’, so to speak, easy (pun intended).

1970 program scan, CNE stadium

1970-cnestadium.jpg

After the contest/show, we would often have free time to watch a rock concert or ride on the roller coaster. Excerpt from the CNE web site "The Canadian National Exhibition is an 18-day fair taking place every August concluding on Labour Day. Over its 129 year history, the CNE has grown to be the largest annual fair in Canada and the fifth largest in North America attracting approximately 1.25 million visitors each year. "

A couple of Spirit from 81

81-spirit.jpg

81-spirit2.jpg

81 Troopers

81-troop.jpg

A few of SCV 81

81-scv3.jpg

OK all fixed.

Edited by DPEmerald

Heres a better shot of 27th's snare line in 81

81-27th4.jpg