some old corps photos

"Look George - we kicked your butt again."

"Jerry, you wait until this weekend - we're going to embarass you in Allentown."

:D :bleah: b**bs b**bs :ph34r::blink::blink::worthy::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

wahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

You made my day!!! ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I spit on my keyboard, you owe me one dawg!!

George Bonfinglio(27th Lancers) and Jerry Seawright(Blue Devils) checking out the score sheets at the 1980 CYO

Untitled166-16.jpg

What I don't understand is this....I became a stawker in Orlando in 03...I saw this beautiful older man with the whitest hair, most beautiful tan, and a Ralph Lauren jacket with crest and I had to know who this was...I didn't recognize him at all!

(or maybe it was "the BD's Crest", he got out of what looked like a limo at the hotel and I'm like this guy looks like "old hollywood".)

I got into the hotel, sat down with George B. in comes the suave bolle older fella and he sits down next to me.....the music was really blaring...OK long story short, it was Jerry Seawright....um is it possible he looked 3,000% better 23 years later? Had style and pizazz later on in life....I was astounded that I didn't recognize him at all. He had always looked like one of the guys.....in Orlando he looked like red carpet and I don't mean of drum corps....he looked like a star! What's up with that, maybe we do have something to look forward to!! :blink::worthy:

R.I.P. Jerry...

Oh God that's so cute, is that you Nancy? You're Dad was handsome I see where you got your looks from! and in that picture above, that's George Zingali, Charlie Poole, and Patty Poole, and John Bodie and I can't make out the others...John was instructor for us so I know him...

I may have asked this before, but did 2-7 have a corps yearbook when you were in, Stephanie? I'm looking for a picture, hopefully a performance pic, of an old friend of mine who was said to have marched in 2-7's hornline around the same time you did, Brent Blank. He was a sop player from Louisiana. I believe he was a member the last two seasons 2-7 competed.

Edited by Jd83

Bridgemen 1980 World Open Champs

Untitled163-13.jpg

guess who wasn't at the World Open in 1980? hmmmmmmmmmm

Oh God that's so cute, is that you Nancy? You're Dad was handsome I see where you got your looks from! and in that picture above, that's George Zingali, Charlie Poole, and Patty Poole, and John Bodie and I can't make out the others...John was instructor for us so I know him...

Stephanie, the people you are missing are: Vinny Barry, Jack Cash, Jerry Corradino (DigMe), & Peggy Twiggs

I may have asked this before, but did 2-7 have a corps yearbook when you were in, Stephanie?  I'm looking for a picture, hopefully a performance pic, of an old friend of mine who was said to have marched in 2-7's hornline around the same time you did, Brent Blank.  He was a sop player from Louisiana.  I believe he was a member the last two seasons 2-7 competed.

Hmm..I would love to see it if you do I've been hunting all over for a performance picture, especially with one of the "mellophone quartet" from 86, if anyone has it, (I was in it) :) Wow, let me see, I can tell you! :) Last two seasons? It is a possibility! Louisiana, uh? Sounds familiar to me Brent.

Edited by Lancerlady

Stephanie, the people you are missing are:  Vinny Barry, Jack Cash, Jerry Corradino (DigMe), & Peggy Twiggs

I thought that was Peggy, wanted to be sure first and Jack sure looked different when he was young! :)

What I don't understand is this....I became a stawker in Orlando in 03...I saw this beautiful older man with the whitest hair, most beautiful tan, and a Ralph Lauren jacket with crest and I had to know who this was...I didn't recognize him at all!

(or maybe it was "the BD's Crest", he got out of what looked like a limo at the hotel and I'm like this guy looks like "old hollywood".)

I got into the hotel, sat down with George B. in comes the suave bolle older fella and he sits down next to me.....the music was really blaring...OK long story short, it was Jerry Seawright....um is it possible he looked 3,000% better 23 years later?  Had style and pizazz later on in life....I was astounded that I didn't recognize him at all.  He had always looked like one of the guys.....in Orlando he looked like red carpet and I don't mean of drum corps....he looked like a star!  What's up with that, maybe we do have something to look forward to!!  :blink:  :blink:

R.I.P. Jerry...

Hmm...my husband and I got to meet Mr. and Mrs. Seawright at 03 Orlando as well. They were sitting at a table, and I remember the same thing! I said to myself he looked great!I remember Mrs. Seawright was teasing him because he couldn't remember "all his kids who marched with him like George B. can" :) He said, jokingly "I can barely remember what I had for breakfast". :) It was such an honor to sit down and have a conversation with him and meet him. I said, "Yeah he still (George B.) calls us all "kids" and we're way past that"...and Mr. Seawright said, "You will always be "our kids to us, every kid who marched with our organizations that is"..

:worthy: RIP :blink:

Edited by Lancerlady

Would that be the original bottle dance?

No, I can't remember the exact year, but it was way before then! :) It was either 72 or 73 have to look it up for sure! Someone else help me here! :)