some old corps photos

Oh, you're sweet!  I know this may be off topic but I wanted to put my Dad's picture up, 1945 Belgium.  Was one of the men who landed in Normandy.

Look at his teeth.  The night we rushed him to the hospital the ER doctors were tugging on his teeth, I said what do you think you're doing, she said I'm afraid the dentures have to come out, he may choke on them.  He didn't have dentures, and never had a cavity....he actually had these beautiful, natural uncapped teeth until the day he died.  I didn't get his teeth I can tell you that!

Anyway, because he was such a good friend of drum corps and kids in general,  and is Georgie B. Juniors Godfather (considering how many very good friends George B. had/has, this was quite an honor for him-especially where there is only 1 son), I thought it was appropriate to put him up here! 

Maybe I can start a "family photo" section....

If it wasn't for him, I and many others would not have even known what drum corps was so to him I  :blink:  I know, I'm not biased at all!

Dad1945.jpg

Nancy, my father also fought in WWII, although he didn't fight over seas, he did train allied pilots in northern Quebec. I often tell him how proud of him I am.

He was one of the first volunteers in our city. I thank all veterans of all wars.

Didn't Oaklands play "sing,Sing,Sing in 1975 as well????  John??  B)

Not according to corpsreps.com (and I don't recall it from the '75 DVD . . . though I wouldn't swear to it). Here's the repertoire they list for Oakland in '75: "Swan Lake," "Jupiter," "Malaga" and "El Gato Triste."

LOL, that would be Carol, and I always thought of her as grown up when I marched! Didn't know her very well, though. I'm trying to remember when she aged out. I know for sure she marched in '78, but can't remember who our keyboard players were in '79 and '80. John?

Also, "Sing Sing Sing" was a bit before my time, unfortunately. Oakland played that in '76 and '77. I marched from '78 to '80.

Didn't mater, they were male.

Oh yea, you're right about sing sing sing, I was mistaken. I loved it though, especially the snares in the push.

Didn't mater, they were male.

Oh yea, you're right about sing sing sing, I was mistaken. I loved it though, especially the snares in the push.

The male keyboard player we had in '78 was Vince. Is that who you're thinking of? LOL! Sorry, now I guess I'm getting confused on the gender question! I posted a picture of him with me earlier in this thread. Is this him?

oakland78c.jpeg

Yes, "Sing Sing Sing" was amazing. Wish I could've marched in the years they performed it!

Edited by byline

You're right Byline!!!  I suffer from CRS!!!! (can't remember sh_t)

LOL, we share that condition in common! :P

Thank God for yearbooks, photo albums and searchable databases!

The male keyboard player we had in '78 was Vince. Is that who you're thinking of? LOL! Sorry, now I guess I'm getting confused on the gender question! I posted a picture of him with me earlier in this thread. Is this him?

oakland78c.jpeg

Yes, "Sing Sing Sing" was amazing. Wish I could've marched in the years they performed it!

To be honest, I was a dog back in the day, his hair could have been on fire and I wouldn't have noticed him, so it is very possible that that is the guy.

You, on the other hand I am suprised I didn't notice. you were a hottie.

You, on the other hand I am suprised I didn't notice. you were a hottie.

LOL! I swear to God, you're the only one (other than my husband) who's ever used that word to describe me. Thanks for making my day! :blink:

LOL! I swear to God, you're the only one (other than my husband) who's ever used that word to describe me. Thanks for making my day! :blink:

I calls 'em as I see's 'em....