some old corps photos

She looks like she could bite the head off of nails! Very tough looking......I like it! B)

There are some close up photos on this thread and on their Alumni website that REALLY show how though those ladies,AND the whole Corps looked.

Check em' out if you haven't already.

Thats when I could afford to attend DCI.......

I know what you mean! This may be my last year for a while. I mentioned something about the price of tickets today and you'd act like it was a sin to even think that $55 for a good seat is outrageous.

b**bs Maybe you should show them this ticket stub in the general discussion then the kiddies would understand... b**bs

I know what you mean! This may be my last year for a while. I mentioned something about the price of tickets today and you'd act like it was a sin to even think that $55  for a good seat is outrageous.

b**bs Maybe you should show them this ticket stub in the general discussion then the kiddies would understand... b**bs

It's no sin at all!

When I look at the fact that I can get tickets to home football games of a certain large University in my state(GO BUCKS!!) for less than it costs for just the shows in my region, then I have to wonder about the value, and how my entertainment dollars will be spent.

Granted;the choice is mine on how I spend my money, but I'm finding the cost of Drum Corps to be getting too high,and turning away those who might otherwise go to see what it's all about.

Just my opinion.

I know what you mean! This may be my last year for a while. I mentioned something about the price of tickets today and you'd act like it was a sin to even think that $55  for a good seat is outrageous.

Yeah but you have to remember that $55 is understandable as it's needed to offset all the free gear through manufacturer endorsements, new uni's every year and other important stuff that wasn't all that important to us back in the dark ages.

:sshh: :music:

I can remember when a corps truck had the corps name and location... now a corps truck looks like a saturday circular insert in the local newspaper-an ad for every business from a to z.

<**>

Yeah but you have to remember that $55 is understandable as it's needed to offset all the free gear through manufacturer endorsements, new uni's every year and other important stuff that wasn't all that important to us back in the dark ages.

:sshh:  :music:

I can remember when a corps truck had the corps name and location... now a corps truck looks like a saturday circular insert in the local newspaper-an ad for every business from a to z.

<**>

Sorry, but I think DCI needs to take a hard look at that. We seemed to do well back then. In fact, I remember our corps (Crossmen) getting new drum equipment every year.

I mean gosh, over the years of just DCI's existance, don't you think the venues should be sold out??? Now why isn't that???

KmenGuardCapt.jpg

From the archives at xkingsmen.com this is Anaheim Kingsmen Guard Captain Linda Rieke: one of the best!

RON HOUSLEY

Adding to what Malibu said.....that was an absolutely gorgeous uniform, and there's certainly nothing like being tall, with very long legs that are tanned, in tall black boots, with creme/off white/or white skirt/uniform. Add to that her stature and stance, and marching...what a sight!

Just a fabulous picture and besides being hard as nails, a gorgeous looking specimen!! :music: WOW

Edited by LancerFi