some old corps photos

J-Cabhorn.jpg

Mid 60s  San Joaquin Caballeros Sr. Corps of Stockton, CA.  Note the roses in the contra bells....very fitting when playing "Spanish Harlem."

Photos courtesty of Dr. Ralph Orlandella

RON HOUSLEY

That is the stadium I used to go watch drum corps shows in when I was seven years old. Santa Clara High School. Townsend field, if my memory doesn't fail me. There was a killer swimming pool, the War Memorial swim center, right across the street.

J-Cabhorn.jpg

Mid 60s  San Joaquin Caballeros Sr. Corps of Stockton, CA.  Note the roses in the contra bells....very fitting when playing "Spanish Harlem."

JCabStandstill.jpg

Stockton Cabs again.....note height of guard capt. in white hat.  She had a twin in the guard.

Photos courtesty of Dr. Ralph Orlandella

RON HOUSLEY

Hey, Ron,

They were always introduced as the Joaquin Caballeros. No offense meant, but we always called them the Walking Caballeros!

Great pics!

I just asked a friend who was a snare that year.....yes, this is from 1980 and before Jim Ott's accident.

The guards hats were black and straw in 80?

You can't see much of the flags, but those also don't look like 80, is Schneeed sure it's not 79?

I believe the hats were feltish in 80, those look very shiny, too shiny to be felt??

That short snare on the far right I don't remember either....

Do the snare drums look like they have buckets under them?

To the video I go! :P

Edited by LancerFi

You can't see much of the flags, but those also don't look like 80, is Schneeed sure it's not 79?

Aaaaaaah....and how did you know it was Scheeeeed?! b**bs

He didn't march Spirit in '79....he was with Blah....I mean Blue Stars. '80 was his only year with Spirit. I sent him the photo and he recognized the members in the drum line.

You crack me up girl! :P

Aaaaaaah....and how did you know it was Scheeeeed?!  b**bs

He didn't march Spirit in '79....he was with Blah....I mean Blue Stars. '80 was his only year with Spirit. I sent him the photo and he recognized the members in the drum line.

You crack me up girl!  :P

I know he only marched in 80!

I came back because I watched both videos and could go either way.

Anyway there were 3 or 4 people that he looks just like in uniform, but I don't see him in this pic. But the snare things are there in 80, the hats are shiny....but the flags do look different.

I figured he was only there in 80 and wouldn't know 79, 78, 77, etc. So he'd say it was 80!!!!! That's just him!