some old corps photos

I just LOVED Phantom's 87 show! Simply gorgeous! The guard uniforms are just exquisite!

I loved them, too! :bleah:

I'm pretty sure he's posted Phantom pictures from that year earlier in this thread (or maybe they're the same pictures; dunno). I just recall having a similar "you made my day" reaction.

1984?

Im not even sure who this is, or where I got this photo, but did anyone else march in a corps that made you do track basics? I remember this being not very fun! :P

TrackBasics.jpg

Umm...I don't see a picture there. Did you delete it off of PhotoBucket? I know sometimes when you put too many pictures up there at one time it will not let "us" see them.

Sky Ryders.....can someone ID the years for these 2 pictures, I think there either '82 or '83.

1 Sky Ryders at Columbus, OH

KSHutchisonSkyRyders19828fColumbusO.jpg

2 Sky Ryders at Marion, OH

KSHutchisonSkyRyders198211pMarionOH.jpg

Quote: "...I'm marching next to Dale Lofgren in one week as part of the Kingsmen Alumni Corps. Dale's shared a little of his VF experience with me and it does sound like it was pretty intense at times. I have a feeling the show in Walnut next Saturday is going to turn into a huge reunion for alot of people on the west coast...." End Quote

Heck yeah! Every rehearsal of KAC is like a family reunion. I'm marching with people I haven't marched Kingsmen with since 1967 AND marching with kids whom I taught in the brass line of the 1968 Lakewood Ambassadors and the 1971 Lynwood Diplomats, and in one case, marching with a fine lady (Diane Nance) whom I marched with in the 1966 Ambassadors.

OK, they're not "kids" anymore. Some of their kids have kids!!

The first Kamp Kingsmen happens starting on the 21st of this month and the first exhibition perfomance of The Kingsmen Alumni Corps will take place on the 24th in Walnut, CA at Pacific Crest's show.

Check DCI.org for the lineup at this show. Last time I looked KAC was not mentioned, but we'll be there.

Come be a part of history.

Skajerk, I will wear my Los Hooligans shirt to Kamp. My bunnies insist on equal time, though, and I will also be sporting the cool T-shirts that they, Sam and Dave, the Jackalope Twins, sent me from the road: they're on Jackabout right now and won't be attending Kamp Kingsmen this year.

See you all on the 24th in Walnut, CA.

RON HOUSLEY

KAC 2nd Baritone

"Get real pets....get jackalopes!"

I'm marching on the other side of Dale, it's gonna be fun!!!