some old corps photos

Final one for now...got lots of Finals pics somewhere in the rafters.

The 1984 Blue Devils Baritone and Euphonium line!!!

bd_84_baris_2.jpg.w560h329.jpg

I just LOVE BD's uniforms from this era (80-84 or so)...

Neat, neat, neat!

What a Brass Staff! Heck - what a STAFF!!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

1984 Valley Fever was one of the greatest challenges of my teaching career. 31 horns, 27 of whom were rookies! But we just kept on pushing the corps as best we could - and they ended up being quite respectable - scoring higher than the year before!

DISCLAIMER: I was never a part fo the VF drama that resulted from the 1983 season. I just came in and tried to do my best in 1984.

Gee... sounds just like the staff I had in 2003!

We had that many rookies in '84? I was only 1 of 4 vets?? Geezy creezy!! <$1.00 to Eddie Izzard> A definite "hats off" then. You and Jim were basically miracle workers.

'84 was also the year my knee went out on me at the Summerville camp just before 1st tour. Spent all the that tour in crutches and making up parts in the pit.

Edited by skajerk

...here's me in the brochure for '84 recruiting. I think it was an early show in '83.

That fits in as an old drum corps photo doesn't it?

Heh... I remember that brochure. B)

No worries Chris. I think I remember you working the Contras in '83 and they kicked some tail! We had so many changes I can't remember who the final staff was. I did miss Gary Meegan and John Bodie though.

Couldn't agree more!

I showed up at the Hanford camp in '83 just to check you guys out. Meegan walks up to me, shoves a bari in my arms, drags me out to the field where you guys were practicing, puts me between two baris I've never met and says, "Okay, here's your spot." He then turns around and walks off. I swear I heard him laughing as he walked away.

I have him to blame for introducing me to this insane party.

Edited by skajerk

What a Brass Staff! Heck - what a STAFF!!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

1984 Valley Fever was one of the greatest challenges of my teaching career. 31 horns, 27 of whom were rookies! But we just kept on pushing the corps as best we could - and they ended up being quite respectable - scoring higher than the year before!

DISCLAIMER: I was never a part fo the VF drama that resulted from the 1983 season. I just came in and tried to do my best in 1984.

I'm marching next to Dale Lofgren in one week as part of the Kingsmen Alumni Corps. Dale's shared a little of his VF experience with me and it does sound like it was pretty intense at times. I have a feeling the show in Walnut next Saturday is going to turn into a huge reunion for alot of people on the west coast, and already know some VF alums will be there too.. It's been 30 years and there's still some rust, but the fire's burning again and it's going to AWESOME!

Edited by GregW

Santa Clara 1975

Clara751.jpg

Second from left, the legendary Mister Honorable Senor Edward Rodriguez Esquire the third :ph34r:

St. Kevins Emerald Knights 1964 National Dream

stkevin1964-2.jpg

hmmm . . Princemen?

I think you're correct.

Edited by Storkysr

Santa Clara 1975

Clara751.jpg

Is that the less than honorable Robert Burke, fourth from left.....AKA Boa? b**bs

Edited by Tansea

Madison85.jpg

Madison Scouts 1985 Hornline dancing and playing, now thats talent!!!

I really loved the part where we "danced" during Ballet in Brass...and, the '85 show was incredible to perform as a whole...