some old corps photos

I apologize! Not sure why or what for but I apologize anyway. (Been doing that alot on here hmmm).

I didn't do anything wrong Geoff, any apology that I may or may not have given wouldn't be directed HERE at DCP, anyway...this is where they lynched me and Sandy for asking them not to sell pictures on eBay..

It's not my job to show you where. :huh: .. just go back and read...as I've been told so many times by y'all....

Also you may have to look in other threads about this topic you may find some there.

Now I'm done discussing this. Picture time.

GrewvyG2, if you want to get rid of those dots that are showing up on your black and white scans, look for a setting called "Descreen" and activate it before you scan. I was so proud of myself when I finally figured that one out. B)

On ours it's called despeckle. Works beautifully! I also try to bump up the contrast on faded photos, and the sharpen function takes blurry images and makes them look a lot clearer.

I don't understand this - especially in a forum where the sharing of personal property is being conducted on the basis of the integrity of the people involved.

First Geoff is scolded and told that the apology he referred to was already provided by "some of us if not most".

Geoff, I'm not trying to start anything but if you go back and read you will see that some of us if not most have already apologized on this thread and I think the ones who need to apologize imo are the ones who came over here saying that somebody from here deleted their file and of doing something that we didn't do...but I predict a big fat no on that one too.

Anyway..back to posting pictures.

I hope everyone has learned some lessons from all of this and that we can get back to being a community.

Geoff reports that he DID look and didn't find what was claimed - but offering that he could have made a mistake, so asked for help finding it. Politely.

Well, I just did read back. I'd be real interested in seeing where you apologies.

In fact, I think I see a grand total of two apologies. But, I'm sure you'll be able to point me in the right direction, since you must be reading something I'm not.

I thank you in advance for showing me what I'm missing.

Now the apology that was claimed is "may or may not have given" and Geoff is chastised for asking the question and summarily dismissed.

I didn't do anything wrong Geoff, any apology that I may or may not have given wouldn't be directed HERE at DCP, anyway...this is where they lynched me and Sandy for asking them not to sell pictures on eBay..

It's not my job to show you where. :huh: .. just go back and read...as I've been told so many times by y'all....

Also you may have to look in other threads about this topic you may find some there.

Now I'm done discussing this. Picture time.

As a new member of this "community", I'm struggling with trying to find where the basic decency and respect is. Can people post anything that comes to mind and expect that others will just believe them? Why? Because they've been here the longest? Because they marched with so-and-so? Because they have more posts than others?

Is the DCP community just a further extension of the "I'll do whatever I want - because I can get away with it" mentality that seems to permeate our society? If we use the blatant disregard for copyright law, the attacks on an organization based on rumor and unsubstantiated claims, and the dismissive attitude of members when challenged on a claim that they've made - as indicators of the 'social maturity' of this "community", I'd offer that we are headed down that path.

And I thought that participating in this great activity taught us more about life and common decency than that. Maybe this is not the place I thought it was. Sad, really.

Edited by BetoSuave

I don't understand this - especially in a forum where the sharing of personal property is being conducted on the basis of the integrity of the people involved.

First Geoff is scolded and told that the apology he referred to was already provided by "some of us if not most".

Geoff reports that he DID look and didn't find what was claimed - but offering that he could have made a mistake, so asked for help finding it. Politely.

Now the apology that was claimed is "may or may not have given" and Geoff is chastised for asking the question and summarily dismissed.

As a new member of this "community", I'm struggling with trying to find where the basic decency and respect is. Can people post anything that comes to mind and expect that others will just believe them? Why? Because they've been here the longest? Because they marched with so-and-so? Because they have more posts than others?

Is the DCP community just a further extension of the "I'll do whatever I want - because I can get away with it" mentality that seems to permeate our society? If we use the blatant disregard for copyright law, the attacks on an organization based on rumor and unsubstantiated claims, and the dismissive attitude of members when challenged on a claim that they've made - as indicators of the 'social maturity' of this "community", I'd offer that we are headed down that path.

And I thought that participating in this great activity taught us more about life and common decency than that. Maybe this is not the place I thought it was. Sad, really.

First off Geoff is not being chastised but answered to in the manner that he asked and you are coming in on the end of the discussion. Do you have some way of telling through my typing that I am "scolding" Geoff?

I don't think you understand how this whole thing began and why I am speaking in the manner that I am speaking but I'll be glad to share in a pm.

And as far as you coming after me..I was the one who actually got lynched by people because me and another member went back and asked someone who was doing it, to quit selling pictures that didn't belong to them on ebay. So..anyway..if you want to talk about it further feel free to pm me so as not to distract from this thread. There was no respect in the way that went down and nobody apologized to me and the other person involved especially when we BEGGED for help... reporting the posts. Geoff is a moderator. And I don't think you understand the history involved here so really part of this integrity you speak of is to not "Judge others before you have all the facts".

I'm not the one who violated any copyright laws I'm the one that tried to get them to stop and got harassed. So excuse me if I come across to you that way in my post it's just, you just don't know the #### I went through this week because of this. But if you want to discuss it further hit the pm button. OH and ps just so you know..I didn't go after DCI, I only made one comment in reference to what you're discussing and I did say that I jumped the gun..on another thread..so that is why I'm telling Geoff to go find it, because he's making an assumption that nobody apologized.

Edited by Lancerlady

Oh for tap dancing Buddha's sake, are you all still on that old chestnut???

Let it go.....

I know...mmmm...*tapping finger on tooth*...how about some photos, or maybe we could get that SCV guy from 72 all riled up about not winning finals in 72 again. Or better yet, where is that Muchachos guy from 75...yea yea yea, for real tooldom, we can bring him back.

No, than post photos!

b**bs

Who's the first to guess the Corps and the year?

santaclara1970ah0.jpg

GrewvyG2, if you want to get rid of those dots that are showing up on your black and white scans, look for a setting called "Descreen" and activate it before you scan. I was so proud of myself when I finally figured that one out. B)

Thanks for that Info. The pics come out smaller when I descreen them. Do you know how I can get them back to the larger size?

Oh for tap dancing Buddha's sake, are you all still on that old chestnut???

Let it go.....

I know...mmmm...*tapping finger on tooth*...how about some photos, or maybe we could get that SCV guy from 72 all riled up about not winning finals in 72 again. Or better yet, where is that Muchachos guy from 75...yea yea yea, for real tooldom, we can bring him back.

No, than post photos!

b**bs

b**bs :spit:

Sorry Mike, but I told him/her to pm me if he wanted to discuss it further and you should know me by know, I'm not one to back down when I'm being addressed...I have let it go but if they keep bringing it up, I'm gonna keep defending myself...if they let it go, I'll let it go. :)

Carry on... :)

Edited by Lancerlady

Who's the first to guess the Corps and the year?

santaclara1970ah0.jpg

Certainly looks like early SCV - 1970 or 71.

You got it. Santa Clara 1970.