muchachos

does anybody know where i can find anyone to ask about rights to the muchacho's arrangements and/or find recordings of such. im a young buck so to speak but i love the old school drum corps scene so any info is much appreciated. B)

Hey,

you might want to ask the Hawthorne Caballeros. I think their 2002 show was based on the 1975 Muchachos. They might actually have some of the orginal parts.

Later,

Mike

does anybody know where i can find anyone to ask about rights to the muchacho's arrangements and/or find recordings of such. im a young buck so to speak but i love the old school drum corps scene so any info is much appreciated.  B)

Larry Kerchner did many of their great charts, including the great original opener "Espiritu del Toro"....

...that was sadly used as the "inspiration" in the 70's for far too many terrible pseudo-latin charts cranked out by the band music publishers.

Mike

Since Jeff Kievit also wrote part of the show, I would contact his web site.  I spoke with him not too long ago and i was a member of Hawthorne Muchachos in 74-75

1gj207_lg.jpg