Crusaders Alive and Well

Jimmy Steele!!! How's it going?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are welcome Jimmy...

The band was very good which is NOT surprising, considering the personnel. We will come to see you guys again!!!

Donny

hey,

ha, thanks everyone....definitely wont be as fun as those free period sspent in the band room celebrating birthdays like we used to, mr. steele, but hopefully a good day none the less. 20 already....wow...all of my teen years were with mr. steele in middle school and highschool, so, im sure he got drama end of growing up from us kids....so many good times and great memories....it's donny's turn to put up with me now i guess....lol...j/k...i wouldnt want to mess with him....

anyways....lets shoot for another productive weekend cru. once again we will be missing some individuals BUT....WE GO ON....to think that we were cleaning a little bit already last wee was a major plus....despite some hurdles we got through it. i will see y'all saturday.....

Joey O.

Bill Hoyt clone bobble head dolls for the souvie stand...thats my vote. Evry corps gets Bill this year.

Enough clones for everyone.

Donny

You can't do both because Cru and Albion are in the same division and they begin on the same street, Joe...there IS NO WAY you could both, unless of course...

You could clone yourself like Bill Hoyt has done!!!

I have heard that Bill Hoyt clones are marching with every corps in DCA, thereby Bill will finally win the elusive ring he has always wanted!!!! Now every corps can have the pleasure of having Bill Hoyt in their horn line...Imagine that!!!! Now he can march next to Tammy with Bucs...and Julia with Empire at the same show!!!Bill with a sombrero, aussie and even NO HAT!!! Even better Bill wearing a kilt!!!! 

For all of the brass caption heads...if you have problems teaching Bill, don't be worried. Some of the best teachers have torn their hair out trying to do this improbable feat of musical prowess. If you really have a problem, I would suggest calling Steve Cooley to do your work for you. Please don't call me on how to do it. Jerry Kelsey also has experience teaching Bill...maybe he could help as well.

I have finally caved in...I let Bill play whatever he wants to play.That seems to be the best solution so far.

Now go crab Joe!!!!

Donny

DA, Thanks so much for clarifying all this to my son. I just got home from work and he is at BBall so I appreciate not having to explain the whole mess. BEAUTIFUL. But, if he actually reads all that, I may have to explain anyways. Oh well......

No one in the Buccaneers is old enough to be Bill's clone. :-)

Not even Steve Cooley could get him to syncopate anything.

I would like one of the Bill Hoyt Bobble head dolls though. Would keep me awake on long trips.

hey,

tammy, say hello and my good wished to andrew j. buffenmeier (Buff) in the baritone section. i hope he and the rest of ya are having great times @ bucs this year.

Joey O.

Tammy ...

You misunderstood...there will be a Bill clone in every corps this season. Now everyone will have the chance to receive the special marching stlyle that Bill has to offer. We have made sure that he gets the drill number at Bucs right next to you...even if that means that Dale has to move down a spot. We have also coordinated it so that Bill's clone will be next to Julia at Empire. He is working on every clone to have the exact vibrato as the original Bill so that all of the DCA horn lines can have that special sound.

Bill clones...for every corps!!!!

DA

hey,

tammy, say hello and my good wished to andrew j. buffenmeier (Buff) in the baritone section. i hope he and the rest of ya are having great times @ bucs this year.

Joey O.

Will do - I have just the spot, in the opener I fly between him and another young tubist. I will let him know.

His girlfriend Kelly is a doll. She is carrying that Euph like a real pro.

As always I want the best for my Crusaders.

Love ya'll

Tammy ...

You misunderstood...there will be a Bill clone in every corps this season. Now everyone will have the chance to receive the special marching stlyle that Bill has to offer. We have made sure that he gets the drill number at Bucs right next to you...even if that means that Dale has to move down a spot. We have also coordinated it so that Bill's clone will be next to Julia at Empire. He is working on every clone to have the exact vibrato as the original Bill so that all of the DCA horn lines can have that special sound.

Bill clones...for every corps!!!!

DA

Sorry, we have no holes for Bill or even a clone of Bill. Just send 2 of him to Empire, or better still keep a clone for the Crusaders so in the fall you can do a documentary on the differences between the real thing and the clone.

God, if Bill even clones himself, DCA will not know what to do.

Make sure to bust his balls about this a little for me. ;-) Or just ask Megan to do something with them for me.

Edited by Baritone Tammy

I still cannot help thinking about a Bill clone wearing a Kilt, taught by Jerry again!!!!

That would be awesome...

Donny