Crusaders Alive and Well

All you need is love..LOL

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donny and I are cool. I know where he is coming from and he knows where I am coming from. I enjoyed my time with Cru. The years there with him and Cooley contain many wonderful memories for me. I went to ES last year when Crusaders could no longer provide me any new memories. It was with ES I found a home. A place I thrive in. For others it may not do that, but for me it does. Yes, I did leave ES and go to another corps this season. I moved 8 hours away from Rochester. Driving that far North every weekend would have been too much. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I found myself in need of a corps this season, so I went home.

Now get this back on topic, I have nothing more to say.

TAMMY (NOT DALE)

Bitter, party of 2, your table is ready.

CRUSADERS "are alive and well"

This weekend we are closing spots out and moving on heading for DCA weekend.

Be a Part!!

I have watched this thread for the last couple of days, and find I need to express my opinion of what I saw at Erie this weekend with CRU.

I spent most of Saturday afternoon at the CRU rehearsal, saying hello to my friends and watching a corps that is absolutely focused on putting the best product possible on the field. I watched kids that looked like my young grandson and folks my age and older (Bill Hoyt - I think you still have me by a year or two) absolutely busting their butts on the rehearsal field. As with every other corps in Erie and probably across much of the U.S., practice conditions were not the best. Even I got a terrible sunburn just watching them!

I saw drive, determination, and an absolute dedication. These are things I rarely if ever saw during the winter of 2004 when I was a member.

I also saw a group of people leading the way with their spirit and can-do attitude (Mike and Donny, among others).

I wish that I was able to join you this year. I think you all have set in place the right stuff to move CRU back to where they should be. It may not happen this year, but if this group continues on this path, CRU will continue to move upward.

If I may take a page from the Donny and CRU book - WE GO ON ---- You are definitely going on!

GO CRU!

Tom

now THATS what I am talking about...

Thanks Tom!!!

I have watched this thread for the last couple of days, and find I need to express my opinion of what I saw at Erie this weekend with CRU. 

I spent most of Saturday afternoon at the CRU rehearsal, saying hello to my friends and watching a corps that is absolutely focused on putting the best product possible on the field.  I watched kids that looked like my young grandson and folks my age and older (Bill Hoyt - I think you still have me by a year or two) absolutely busting their butts on the rehearsal field.  As with every other corps in Erie and probably across much of the U.S., practice conditions were not the best.  Even I got a terrible sunburn just watching them!

I saw drive, determination, and an absolute dedication.  These are things I rarely if ever saw during the winter of 2004 when I was a member.

I also saw a group of people leading the way with their spirit and can-do attitude (Mike and Donny, among others).

I wish that I was able to join you this year.  I think you all have set in place the right stuff to move CRU back to where they should be.  It may not happen this year, but if this group continues on this path, CRU will continue to move upward.

If I may take a page from the Donny and CRU book - WE GO ON  ---- You are definitely going on!

GO CRU!

Tom

B) I too spent some time at the practice field and I must agree. I saw a spirit and drive that will take these youngsters along way. The show wasn't polished to perfection, but it was solid top to bottom. I wish it wasn't hundreds of miles to make shows and practices(even though fish does it, I can't) If ever a corps could teach my daughter what I experienced in the corps' s I marched with this is it. If cru keeps this nucleus they will be a top level corps for a long time. Also it sure was great to say hi Joe and to see a real old timer Bill...wish we could get together and crack a cold one.....KEEP GOING ON...Brockway is for ya ...a friend from Pennsyltucky.... b**bs

Thanks for the good press...makes me think that we are doing something right!!!!

Donny

B) I too spent some time at the practice field and I must agree. I saw a spirit and drive that will take these youngsters along way. The show wasn't polished to perfection, but it was solid top to bottom. I wish it wasn't hundreds of miles to make shows and practices(even though fish does it, I can't) If ever a corps could teach my daughter what I experienced in the corps' s  I marched with this is it. If cru keeps this nucleus they will be a top level corps for a long time. Also it sure was great to say hi Joe and to see a real old timer Bill...wish we could get together and crack a cold one.....KEEP GOING ON...Brockway is for  ya ...a friend from Pennsyltucky.... b**bs

it was nice meeting you

Mr. Allen,

I appreciate your desire and loyalty to what you believe in.  A quality that can be considered foolish in these times or perhaps even outdated.  The me generation is one that gives up on a group and puts self first, and me being an oldtimer finds that hard to understand.  Yes,  I am an old fart.  Ms. Tammy, it seems to me that Mr. Allen is trying to only remind you of that.  I think in a way he is being a little fatherly and giving you some advice, whether you want it or not.  He just doesnt want you to move around from corps to corps for the wrong reasons.  Just my 2 cents as an old man, whether it was asked for or not.  I wish all of you the best in whatever corps you are with.  And in the end, raise a glass together and be grateful you have the freedom to choose things in your life. 

God Bless America !

God Bless Drum Corps !

BTW:  Mr. Allen, thank you for your kind words about my illness.  Mojo keeps me up to date on what is going on.

Joe

Well said my friend. Go Crusaders and go JOE. JA JA JA