To Waste Time On The Bus

Before we go any further...ha ha..let's remember that this is a family type Planet!!

All we want to know is just the types of songs you sang on the bus while travelling. While I'm sure some songs have lyrics that soem people may find offensive, let's keep it clean, PLEASE!!!!

But let's have some fun while it may last!!! hahaha WOO HOO hahaha!!!!

OK whose first ????!!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just made a comment on this very subject in another thread!!

Yeah this oughta be good ^0^

Unfortunatly, all of our old classic bus songs cannot be printed here-I'd probably have ya shut down in a matter of minutes!!

Maybe I'll Email em' to ya Rob.

Good luck with the thread-it's gonna be fun to watch!!! :rolleyes::beer:

Well, this one is pretty mild, actually. Background material: the Lakewood, CA, Ambassadors were founded by a grand old guy named Bill Francis....the "B" corps was run by The Harns, who later went out on their own taking The Diplomats with them, management I/we had to deal with in the 71 edition of The Dips.......so, the characters are Bill Francis and Richard Harn:

"Chim-chiminy-chim-chiminy

chim chim cha rick,

Francis is a William.....

(LOUDLY)

...and Harn is a DICK!"

From somewhere around 1963, I think.

RON HOUSLEY

Before we go any further...ha ha..let's remember that this is a family type Planet!!

All we want to know is just the types of songs you sang on the bus while travelling. While I'm sure some songs have lyrics that soem people may find offensive, let's keep it clean, PLEASE!!!!

But let's have some fun while it may last!!!  hahaha WOO HOO hahaha!!!!

OK whose first ????!!!!

On the number 2 bus of SCV, there really wasn't a lot of group singing that I can remember, except occassionaly to change the lyrics of some Yes songs to suit the mood of the person singing them - they are quite unrepeatable.

However, when I was in the San Jose State Marching Band, ther was a wide aray of musicians in the band, a few of which were opera majors. They had gotten a hold of a book of songs entitled, and I am paraphrasing here, "Barnicle Bill and Other Bawdy Songs". If you have a taste for this type of thing I reccommend it highly. At one point in our Southerly trip, they were singing from this from ground floor to the upper balconey at the tops of their lungs. "I just got paid, I wanna get L%$#, I'm Barnicle Bill the Sailor", was the chorus, if my memory doesn't fail me.

I'm going to go search it out as soon as I am done here - enjoy.

Edited by Tansea

I just made a comment on this very subject in another thread!!

Yeah this oughta be good ^0^

Unfortunatly, all of our old classic bus songs cannot be printed here-I'd probably have ya shut down in a matter of minutes!!

Maybe I'll Email em' to ya Rob.

Good luck with the thread-it's gonna be fun to watch!!! :rolleyes:  :beer:

I just want to clarify something before my phone starts ringing.

In no way should my comment be taken to mean that the Glassmen of the70's were rude, uncouth,or of poor moral fiber.

As anyone who was around the corps at that time can tell you, we were all fine upstanding sin-free souls until those heathen devils from the Royal Lancers(Wyandotte Mi.) invaded our drumline and corrupted our God-Fearing viginal little souls. JIM EASTON-IF YOU'RE OUT THERE MY LIFE IS YOUR FAULT!!!!

Thank you, I just wanted to make that clear.

Frank Zappa Joe's Garage

Frank Zappa Joe's Garage

Which Part?? :rolleyes::beer:

Since we didn't separate the drumline from the rest of the corps... we usually just prayed they wouldn't tap their sticks on the back of our seats all summer long.

Since we didn't separate the drumline from the rest of the corps... we usually just prayed they wouldn't tap their sticks on the back of our seats all summer long.

I hate when they did that, that is like the hornline blowing into our mouth pieces and not covering up the end and dripping all over them!!!!!

(which we never did!!) B)

Edited by ODBC

In the interest of historical preservation... There was a song to the tune of "In the Shade of the Old Apple Tree."

In the shade of the old Model T

That's where Judy first showed it to me

It was ##### and #####

And she called it her #####

But it looked like a ### #### to me

So I ####### ### my ##### #### ####

And ###### it right in ### ### ####

She let out a ###### as I ###### ## ### #####

In the shade of the old Model T

:)