2005 Summer Corps Repertoires

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but look at all these shows and say "why can't the real corps do these?"

I thought somone had already done "Around the World".. "Godzilla Eats Las Vegas" is a concert band piece that I did last semester with the Marshall University Symphonic Band, that I just took the different sub-headings in the song and made them a show. I would love to see a corps do "Godzilla" for the simple fact of all the effects written into the piece (ie: dog barking, screams, a "sound-off") that would make it a hoot, I think it would be a great one for Velvet Knights :music: ...

but yeah these are great, and very creative so props to the directors coming up with them..

Danny

Fantasy Corps Director

OVT,Mountaineer-D1

Storm Troopers, Mountie Cadets-D2

-Coming in Off-season '05-

Mountian Thunder Senior Corps

Phantom Crusaders-D2

My thoughts exactly Dentistman on Phantom Crusaders :music: ..... and the same with what Steve said about real corps doing these shows. It'd be sweet to see and hear.

I thought somone had already done "Around the World".. "Godzilla Eats Las Vegas" is a concert band piece that I did last semester with the Marshall University Symphonic Band, that I just took the different sub-headings in the song and made them a show. I would love to see a corps do "Godzilla" for the simple fact of all the effects written into the piece (ie: dog barking, screams, a "sound-off") that would make it a hoot, I think it would be a great one for Velvet Knights :music: ...

but yeah these are great, and very creative so props to the directors coming up with them..

Danny

Fantasy Corps Director

OVT,Mountaineer-D1

Storm Troopers, Mountie Cadets-D2

-Coming in Off-season '05-

Mountian Thunder Senior Corps

Phantom Crusaders-D2

Danny, you might want to reconsider the D2 Phantom Crusaders, we already have one in D1.

Danny, you might want to reconsider the D2 Phantom Crusaders, we already have one in D1.

Yeah, I just noticed that.. :music:..I knew it sounded too cool to not be in use..

Well this season we have a Div 1 Silver Knights, and a Div 2 Silver Knights, so I guess it can be done..... confusing... but possible!

• 2 weeks later...
Well this season we have a Div 1 Silver Knights, and a Div 2 Silver Knights, so I guess it can be done..... confusing... but possible!

We also had them last semester too! It's not confusing if they are in different divisions. Whats confusing is when you have a million corps that start with the same thing all in the same Division (i.e. Blue Knights, Blue Devils, Bluecoats)