Inside the Arc -- Evolution of Color Guard

Orpheus

Anyone else read Chris Hollenback's new column on DCI.org? Opinions?

I know I'm gonna keep reading. - B) - Good stuff.

My only issue ... The Cadets people are getting a bit above themselves on the issue of the step boxes - :lol: - Scouts used similar boxes that same year, although in a rather different way, and BD had those dice in '92. For that matter, I remember seeing any number of HS bands putting their majorettes and/or flag corps up on boxes (for one reason or another) quite a few years before that. It's a minor point, but I don't think that by '95, putting guard members on boxes to dance was exactly an innovation.

I did find it absolutely fascinating that Scott Chandler named Busby Berkeley as an inspiration. I guess it makes sense when you think about it, though.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
that article is very well done. Kudos to the writer and DCW

Chris is no longer with Drum Corps World. The articles "Inside the Arc" are written for DCI and posted on the DCI website.

Dave Scott

RA

DCW staff

• 1 month later...

I didn't get to read the whole article. Did he mention Bridgemen dancing on tables in the late 70s or very early 80's? The mind is going-the years are melding into one... :angry:

Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter who did it when. I'll have to ask someone what year that was, unless someone here knows??

LancerFi

27th Lancers

I.C. Reveries

Edited by LancerFi

Thank you Stephen, I appreciate you responding!