Things We'd Like to See

I know that instituting "Competitive Historic Drum Corps" would not be easy. But hey, we all learned it back in the day, right?

Marching members (Jr.&Sr.) could re-learn the old ways. So could the instructors,and the judges. The only ones who have no re-learning to do, are the FANS. Those who prefer the old style already know what they want.

The biggest question is this. Those of us who hold the old style so dear to our hearts....do we really love it enough to MAKE IT HAPPEN AGAIN?

As a post script: This is not an attempt, in any way, to bash the modern ways of our activity. I love ALL drum corps. Always have-always will. :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that instituting "Competitive Historic Drum Corps" would not be easy. But hey, we all learned it back in the day, right?

Marching members (Jr.&Sr.) could re-learn the old ways. So could the instructors,and the judges. The only ones who have no re-learning to do, are the FANS. Those who prefer the old style already know what they want.

The biggest question is this. Those of us who hold the old style so dear to our hearts....do we really love it enough to MAKE IT HAPPEN AGAIN?

As a post script: This is not an attempt, in any way, to bash the modern ways of our activity. I love ALL drum corps. Always have-always will. :)

IMO....

Why would current marching members even want to DO such a thing? The shows presented today are the best there have ever been, so what is the point in that idea? Alumni corps do such a great job at exactly that....preserving the old days.

One of the great things about junior corps is that is has always been looking to move the art form forward....going back before my era when they started adding valves to horns, creating new horns (contras, mello, stc...), multi drums, flat basses and then marching timps, guards that started to actually DO guard work....

If you desire such a thing, my guess is that you'll have to form your own corps circuit to do so...and hope that members sufficient enough to create a number of units would even want to participate.

I would like to see all girl corps make a comeback too.

A big thumbs up to this one!!!! I miss the days...

THAT"S THE BEST THING I HAVE HEARD ON DCP in a long time!!!!

:peek: