***SUNRISERS REPORT***

--watching the drum major conducting the corps during its first full run-through, with the corps in full uniform.

I'm glad someone is watching! hahahaha just kidding.

i <3 drum corps

oh and Tom, #2 was hysterical. I think that up on the podium/scaffolding/whatever that monster thing was we were on, everyone's hearts just stopped for about 2 seconds until we realized what was going on. and Tom, even though I had just been reminded about 5 minutes before we started, i totally forgot y'all were gonna do that. Seriously, I love traditions like that.

And once we got to the actual runthough, it was pretty good. I can't WAIT for Copiague! Yayyyy Sun!

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tex, that was me making that really loud blaring noise at the beginning of #2. I wanted to play the first note really loud (which I did) and missed the pitch, hence the blare. What made it even better was that I was right next to the hi mom spot!

Darren (our Guard Instructor) was about to run off the podium and onto the field to strangle someone. Nick had tell him to take it easy, it's tradition. Speaking of Nick, he told me he was surprised by #2 again this year. Can you believe it?! You would think that after 30+ years with the corps he would know by now when we do it.

####! That was you?!

Hey Tex! How's it going?

Patty & Ray Sean (Jean's son)

Tom: you ARE allowed to teach Battle Hymn-go for it.

Good Luck this weekend everyone. Wish we could be there but we will be thinking about you's guys. The World is Waiting for the SUNRISE!!!!

Have a BLAST

Be Proud-Play Loud

Mike, Aileen & Sean

YES! It's great to hear that some traditions are coming back. Rookie run thru maybe??

You guys need to start singing Bobo all the freakin time...let the new members look at you funny, it's okay! They'll get it.

BOB RELYEA!!!!! :worthy:

You are right we need to start singing Bobo again, along with some of the other songs too. Some of the new people, like Andrea for example, want to know these songs and traditions, despite what Nick says.

"Bye bye license....."

"They haven't won it in at least (look at your watch) 20 minutes....." :worthy:

"They have rifles, they have sticks...."

"She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes....."

"The back of the bus says the front of the bus....."

Who can finish this one for me?

Fast-forward to the year 2025:

January of that year:  "I am not marching this season. The corps has won two straight DCA titles, has a full drumline, and there's no need for me to fill a spot  anymore."    - Larry Visconti

June of that year:  "The drum staff has just expanded the line. I'm marching, even though I am currently lying in a hospital bed in traction because my back went out at my first rehearsal over the weekend."    - Larry Visconti

JUST KIDDING Larry...welcome back to the ranks (again)!!  :silly:  :worthy:

Fran

Fran!!

Thanks for the good thoughts (?) b**bs

It's a great bunch of people and I thought I would jump in and help out.

I hope you can make the show - I will need help looking for my back on the field! :sos:

The Sunrisers have a couple of openings - come join a great group of people and a great staff!

YES! It's great to hear that some traditions are coming back. Rookie run thru maybe??

You guys need to start singing Bobo all the freakin time...let the new members look at you funny, it's okay! They'll get it.

BOB RELYEA!!!!! :worthy:

WHAT?!?!?!? No Bobo????

I couldn't wait to finally learn that friggen song my rookie year at Sun. I agree with Terri you guys definately have to start singing Bobo, it's fun, you'll see. :)

A ONE... A TWO... A ONE TWO THREE!!

My heart just melted when I read that you guys did #2. AWESOME.

Did you do the secret "2" sign with your hand right before the run thru to the vets, or was it discussed beforehand? I used to LOVE making the 2 sign, with my evil grin on right before we did it. ALWAYS surprised the staff, no matter HOW many years we'd been doing it. :worthy: I have it on video from 1997 somewhere - I gotta find it. At the end of #2, you hear Scott Tomlin in the background say "So that's your tradition." In his Scott-Tomlin-voice. I love it!!

Ahem...

CHICAGO, CHICAGO....

Off we go into the wild blue yonder...

HIIIIIIIIIII NEIGHBOR!!!