Kanstul Tuning Slide

melligene

The tuning slide on my new Melli creeps inward while playing. Anyone run into this situation? Zig Kanstul eMailed me and offered to take care of it but I obviously can't part with a part until late September. Any Ideas short of axle grease b**bs ....?

The tuning slide on my new Melli creeps inward while playing. Anyone run into this situation? Zig Kanstul eMailed me and offered to take care of it but I obviously can't  part with a part until late September. Any Ideas short of axle grease b**bs ....?

Put rubber O-rings on the slide. Adjust the slide, then roll the O-ring down to keep it from sliding in.

Put rubber O-rings on the slide.  Adjust the slide, then roll the O-ring down to keep it from sliding in.

.......Great idea........Don't know why that never crossed my mind..........

Now to find the o-rings.............tried to find replacements for my O-rings on the Getzen Melli locally with no luck...........Maybe Auto zone!!!!!! Anyway,.......thanks for a great tip.........makes to much sense not to work........ :music:

The tuning slide on my new Melli creeps inward while playing. Anyone run into this situation? Zig Kanstul eMailed me and offered to take care of it but I obviously can't  part with a part until late September. Any Ideas short of axle grease b**bs ....?

You could try and flare the end of the slide a bit.

Easy thing to do.Take a old sharp pocket knife and insert inside the tube.Start twisting it with some slight pressure.end of slide will flare and work perfectly.

You could try and flare the end of the slide a bit.

Easy thing to do.Take a old sharp pocket knife and insert inside the tube.Start twisting it with some slight pressure.end of slide will flare and work perfectly.

.........another good idea....Thanks. Mic'd the tubing and one side of the slide is a couple thousandths smaller than the other. Your plan has merit.

Its easy to do.Just go slow.If you go too far you will have to get some really fine sandpaper and smooth it out.

Done this on my own horn and many horns in the High School Marching Band.Works all the time.

Just received an eMail from Kanstul regarding my slide situation. Will keep you all informed.