Shows that generally didn't thrill you...

Ever listened to a show that just didn't push your buttons musically....but then came ONE section that DEFINITELY did it for you???

For me....1991 Bluecoats. "Nutville" was OK. "Palookaville"...ehhh...most of "Whiter Shade of Pale", same....but then came the push (where it starts sounding like "Hey Jude")...and from that point on it's one of the best musical moments of the year. I can listen to that section a LOT and not get bored by the emotion in it...

Anyone else??

Ever listened to a show that just didn't push your buttons musically....but then came ONE section that DEFINITELY did it for you???

For me....1991 Bluecoats.  "Nutville" was OK.  "Palookaville"...ehhh...most of "Whiter Shade of Pale", same....but then came the push (where it starts sounding like "Hey Jude")...and from that point on it's one of the best musical moments of the year.  I can listen to that section a LOT and not get bored by the emotion in it...

Anyone else??

84 BD :P

Just kidding pal. You know my thoughts on that show!

'02 Crossmen. Love the opener, but then I skip the ballad every time to get straight to Soup

I hate to say it but the second half of our 84 Crossmen show. The first half was hot then it kind of faded. Almost like it was put together at the last minute....oh wait is was.

Huh....funny, Craig. I LIKE the 84 show...in fact, when I was in Air Force tech school, I stole -- er -- transcribed "Let Me Try Again" for the student corps (although I graduated before we got a chance to work on it). I've always really loved the last few chord transitions going into the "Ruslan & Ludmilla" restatement.

Magic 02: after an opening statement that I like the show just outright bores me until the ending statements. I'd still place BK in finals over Magic in 02.

SCV 2002: I just can't dig the rest of the show after Trivandrum(Opener). Opener was on fire though. I had a good friend and some of my current staff march this show and I applaude them, but I think the show arranging was sub-par for SCV.

SCV 2001: I can't stand the trumpet fracks after the first hit. I usually just hit the skip button after the first impact. Nice loud beginning though.

BD 2002: I don't like the wawa trumpet solo in the beginning and the cutsy parts. Other than that, there is some power in the closer that I much enjoy.

Cadets 2004: The Jack Black/Tenacious D/Past vs. Present play by the horns in the third or so section of the show is fun. I don't really enjoy much else of the show.

Boston Crusaders 2004: Great Hornline. Some terrific moments. Just can't stand the guy on the mic trying to get me excited about the BEAT GENERATION. I hope I am not part of this beat generation...I am definitly anti-mics and somewhat anti-amps.

My listening experience is pretty narrowed to between 88 and present so I cannot comment on any time before 88.

Sorry to burst in on the historical forum...just waisting alot of time.

Since I'm Here:

I thank all you dinosaurs or whatever you like to be called or are called for your efforts in keeping corps alive so that I can march with such a strong tradition of excellence and passion behind me. I will do what I can to keep corps alive for my grandkids to march, which they will b**bs

Edited by KevinSop85

Boston Crusaders 2004: Great Hornline. Some terrific moments. Just can't stand the guy on the mic trying to get me excited about the BEAT GENERATION. I hope I am not part of this beat generation...I am definitly anti-mics and somewhat anti-amps.

are you sure you don't meen Crown 04 with the Beat Generation thing? not that I disagree on Boston 04 since the narration was distracting and dectracted a LOT from that show.

oops

Yes Crown 04

I thought the singing was done tastefully but that naration was just horrible. I still prefer that singing remains un-mic'd but I have no official say in that.

BAC 04 was also bad naration

Naration in general is bad.