Drum Corps anxiety dreams

Hey, surely I am not the only one that has these once in a while. Mine is sort of the standard-issue anxiety dream, where I either don't know the drill or the book. Or I know both but my chops are like rubber and I can't play.

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone has these same dreams.

I have those as well....

The one that happens the most if I've already aged out, but staff knows it and such, but theyre letting me march anyway.

So...I spend the rest of the dream worrying about getting the corps DQ'd, or quitting in the middle of tour.

I have those as well....

The one that happens the most if I've already aged out, but staff knows it and such, but theyre letting me march anyway.

So...I spend the rest of the dream worrying about getting the corps DQ'd, or quitting in the middle of tour.

Weird. This is pretty much my drum corps anxiety dream. Except I am marching with the corps (BD) at finals and I don't know the show although I usually have a uniform and a horn. I always know my real age in the dream but I don't think the staff or corps know that I am overage. I generally wake up before the show starts.

At one point I had these dreams pretty often so that in the dream I thought I had been marching for a few years as an overage member. B)

My anxiety dreams were always related to my uniform, and I had them while dozing during the ride from housing to the show site. I'd wake up in a panic that I forgot my horn, my uni, my bucks, etc.

Never actually happened, but my heart skipped a beat!

I still get these dreams occasionally. What's incredible is that I share in the same dreams you guys seem to be having down to the last detail of what you describe!

I also dream I'm drum major again and leading the corps, but my arms are too heavy to move properly to direct.

Yup, always get the one where I get to the show and realize I forgot my skirt or hat or boots and start to panic. I head to the Equipment trailer and find an extra to wear (whew). When I get lined up with the rest of the Corps I look around at all the young faces and realize that I'm way overage, so what am I doing there? I try to justify it in my head, but the guilt sets in and I try to explain to everyone that I can't march because I'm too old. They look at me like I'm crazy and then I usually wake up.

I keep having a dream that I'm a drum major of the Santa Clara Vanguard in 1975 and when I give the commands the corps just stands there at attention. The starters pistol goes off and I'm in a panic because nobody will move. I start to here music but it's not what I'm directing. Anyway, when the show is over, the crowd goes wild and when I turn around to salute, the stands are empty!!!

When I wake up there is a pool of sweat on my pillow and around my shoulders!!!

The first time I had this dream I was watching the 1975 SCV DVD!!!

And all this time I thought I was the only one that had these dreams (nightmares).

With me, I've usually forgotten part of my uniform or my horn, and am pillaging the busses and equipment truck looking for a spare while the corps is marching into the stadium...

For a great allegory to this dream, check out "The Actor's Nightmare" by playright Christopher Durang. It's a short play about an accountant who gets thrown out on a stage not knowing the story he's in, and of course, his lines. Very funny, and close to home. :blink: