Live From Citrus Canker Bowl

Back to the real stuff, did anyone else notice the perfectly-timed "real" sirens outside the stadium during the Cavalier's fire sequence? Reminded me of an old St. Vincent's train tune (forgot which one) and a real train passing by the stadium blowing it's whistle at the perfect moment.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First up, TEAL SOUND- What a nice sound from this growing corps! I was so impressed with their ability to project. I also love the new direction they are taking this corps.  They have a bigger corps this year and the talent is bigger as well. The horn line had some intonation problems throughout which I hope will be taken care of by the staff. But the horn line was strong, the drum line was strong, and the color guard was strong. I was impressed with the drill as well. Nice job Teal Sound! :rock:

Thanks Lancerlady....

The kids, staff, and volunteers are all working very intently to max this show out by August. This is the first year in Div. 2, and we aren't just glad to be here. As my friends in Pioneer say....Better Every Day.

We still have a couple Euphonium spots open to fill our line out to 44.

Anyone out there????

Thanks again! Hope you can see us later in the year.

Concerning all the hooplah concerning LancerLady and Magic Mom. In my opinion, what is going on is exactly what a certain poster wants to happen - people getting upset, people being afraid to post a review and allowing MM to keep stirring the flame.

I am new to marching and fairly new to Drum Corps. I enjoy reading the reviews. I learned a long time ago that no matter how hard you work at choosing the "correct" words and phrases, someone will be upset with what you say.

If NO ONE had made a comment about MM's comment, it would have gone by the wayside, no flame would have been started and we could have gone on to other things quite a few messages ago. Others besides MM kept/keep stirring the ashes and causing the flame to burst forth once again. (I guess you could say that is what I'm doing too. )

The best way to handle things like comments that MM made is for EVERYONE to completely ignore them. The flame will burn out on it's own. Once the "flamer" realizes there will be no response, there will be no more comments.

I'm sure there will be people who will disagree with this message - that's fine.

I am entitled to an opinion, I have one and I shared it!! :)

I'm loving marching for the 1st time and loving Drum Corps even more!!!!

Why can't everybody just stop bagging on everybody else and read someone's review for FACE VALUE, appreciate it, and MOVE ON?

:rock:

Because, Krista, this is the 21st century!......where political correctness rules the day! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!

*breaks out the green M&Ms*

EDIT: If anyone wants to read a review where no punches are pulled, read my review of finals last year....coincidentally, I posted the review to this very forum!

Edited by sooneralum2001

B/C I don't claim to be an expert to write a review but I enjoyed different aspects of each of the corps and I think they all need polishing which will come in time.

If any of us that go to shows and took the time to share our opinions were "Experts", we wouldnt be writing here at DCP but for drum corps publications.....shame on you for continuing this, and a newcomer and representative of Magic to boot.

And, you were there but wont "offer" your opinion ??? LOL

~G~

I don't know about you guys, but I read reviews for what these people DIDN'T like about some corps. Who wants to read a bunch of, "Oh man Cavies were awesome tonight", and "Go bloo!" after every show. That's boring. Maybe some of you should get a backbone. Hey, if I started bellyaching everytime someone on this board said something about BAC or Magic, I'd probably have a stroke :P . But the point is I don't, and neither do most of the people on this board, at least the ones with sense anyway. They're opinions, and I like reading people's opinions, for the good AND the bad. Because that's life.

Have some Kool Aid, you Magic zealots of the night B)

kool_aid.jpg

Edited by Einstein On The Beach

I don't know about you guys, but I read reviews for what these people DIDN'T like about some corps. Who wants to read a bunch of, "Oh man Cavies were awesome tonight", and "Go bloo!" after every show. That's boring. Maybe some of you should get a backbone. Hey, if I started bellyaching everytime someone on this board said something about BAC or Magic, I'd probably have a stroke  :P . But the point is I don't, and neither do most of the people on this board, at least the ones with sense anyway. They're opinions, and I like reading people's opinions, for the good AND the bad. Because that's life.

Have some Kool Aid, you Magic zealots of the night  B)

kool_aid.jpg

If you continue to make sense like this, you will be forced to turn in your DCP membership card.

We expect at least one obscenity-laced rant and/or nugget of Flaming Troll Chow® from each member each season.

Please submit yours before August 13th.

That is all.

bawker

dcplogo04small.jpgDCP "Conspiracy Theory" Forum Support Team*

*(disclaimer: not actually a Forum Team member, or a real forum)

b**bs b**bs LMAO as usual at you Bawker... :rock:

I don't know about you guys, but I read reviews for what these people DIDN'T like about some corps. Who wants to read a bunch of, "Oh man Cavies were awesome tonight", and "Go bloo!" after every show. That's boring. Maybe some of you should get a backbone. Hey, if I started bellyaching everytime someone on this board said something about BAC or Magic, I'd probably have a stroke  :P . But the point is I don't, and neither do most of the people on this board, at least the ones with sense anyway. They're opinions, and I like reading people's opinions, for the good AND the bad. Because that's life.

Have some Kool Aid, you Magic zealots of the night  B)

kool_aid.jpg

How logical. How insightful. That man must be a fellow Seminole! ('73 History)

Back to the real stuff, did anyone else notice the perfectly-timed "real" sirens outside the stadium during the Cavalier's fire sequence? Reminded me of an old St. Vincent's train tune (forgot which one) and a real train passing by the stadium blowing it's whistle at the perfect moment.

It was funny and had us laughing. ;)