Current Standings

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In seasons past, all corps participating within DCM are judged on Div 1 sheets. This also includes senior corps. It will be a good race between Min. Brass, Pioneer, and Blue Stars.

They do have champions within their own divisions, but there is one DCM Champion. It is fun to see how the DIV II's and III's stack up against the Div I's as well as Min. Brass.

Edited comment: Also, I cannot forget Teal Sound's presence there as well.

Edited by ContraJohn

Regardless of who wins, I think DCM will primarily be a celebration of the lasting contributions of Minnesota and Wisconsin drum corps. Many of the Blue Stars' staff have been involved with Minnesota Brass Inc. and several people on MBI's staff have been involved with the Blue Stars, Colts, Madison, Pioneer and Phantom. It's all good, and it's all circular. The drum corps activity is a relatively small one, and we should be happy that we share in the amazingly terrific activity that is drum corps.

MBI has established itself as an Open Class powerhouse in DCA, having won the championship percussion captions two years straight. The Blue Stars are about to establish themselves as a comparable powerhouse in DCI Div II. But scores among the various circuit subdivisions mean nothing at this point. All that matters is the score among the corps that are competing together on any one night. It is futile to compare the Blue Stars' score with ECJ's, Jersey Surf's or Teal Sound's score until all these corps go head to head in the same show. Who knows? Maybe Blue Stars will top MBI in horns or guard, while Teal Sound may top Blue Stars in horns or drums.

But even then it ultimately doesn't matter. What historically matters is how effectively the audience has been entertained. What matters is what the people leaving the stadium are thinking about the performances they just witnessed. What matters is how each corps lived up to its own potential. Look back on the history of drum corps. How many people can really recite the exact scores and placings for any particular show that occurred 20 years ago? (Drum Corps Geeks excluded B) ). But how many people will remember a particularly fabulous performance? I remember seeing the Bridgemen do the "Bridgemen Shuffle" in a live show sometime in the '70's. I don't remember who won the show. But I do remember the Bridgemen.

DRUM STANDINGS (As of 7-12-05)

1. The Academy – 16.7 (7-10-05)

2. Blue Devils “B” – 16.6 (7-10-05)

3. Vanguard Cadets – 16.5 (7-10-05)

4. Spartans – 15.8 (7-9-05)

5. East Coast Jazz – 15.4 (7-10-05)

5. Impulse – 15.4 (7-9-05)

7. Jersey Surf – 14.0 (7-10-05)

8. Memphis Sound – 13.5 (7-9-05)

9. Blue Stars – 12.9 (7-3-05)

10. Fever - 12.3 (7-10-05)

11. Oregon Crusaders – 12.0 (7-10-05)

12. Teal Sound – 10.4 (I couldn’t find an updated score. Sorry!)

13. Colt Cadets – 7.2 (7-7-05)

i see a 17.10 in drums from academy in walnut....

http://dci.org/scores/recap.cfm?event_id=0...dd-eda0ca74b006

FULL CORPS SCORES

1. The Academy – 83.2 (7-10-05)

2. Spartans – 78.95 (7-9-05)

3. Blue Devils “B” – 78.65 (7-10-05)

4. East Coast Jazz – 78.3 (7-9-05)

5. Vanguard Cadets – 76.9 (7-13-05)

6. Impulse – 74.45 (7-9-05)

6. Jersey Surf – 74.45 (I don’t know when)

8. Fever – 74.2 (7-10-05)

9. Oregon Crusaders – 74.15 (7-13-05)

10. Blue Stars – 72.15 (7-12-05)

11. Memphis Sound – 69.05 (7-13-05)

12. Teal Sound – 55.075 (Couldn’t find an updated score!)

13. Colt Cadets – 44.55 (7-12-05)