Pacific Procession Review

Nice review, Harvey.

A couple of notes.

I think Cascades could lose the narrator and still sell the concept of the show.

John, the guard member in Regiment (not a "guest performer", like Carmen), dislocated his right shoulder in the opener. Word after the show is that he is fine. How soon he will be back to full speed...I guess they'll know at rehearsals this week.

People need to not confuse this arrangment of "Rhapsody in Blue" and "An American in Paris" with any previous versions. J. D. Shaw has done a great job of weaving the melodies together, seamlessly, into a unique presentation. Last timje I saw a melding of music like this was Downey's arrangment of "West Side Story" and "Romeo and Juliet" for BD in 1998.

The people who stole my car while I was in California - Bad form. You did a pretty good job of stealing it, but you can't drive worth a darn. Thanks for burning up my clutch. Good job by Las Vegas Metro Police for recovering it within three hours of reporting it.

Garry

To some of your points above ( cut & pasted the quote):

Thanks, Garry!

AGREED on lose the Narration. It would actually sell even better.

OUCH. Good to know why we saw less of him. Glad to hear it's not too serious.

I agree whole heartedly. I wish there was a little more low brass emphasis, but still fantastic arranging.

DOUBLE OUCH!!! Sorry to hear about your car, dude.

Harvey

Edited by TexasPRfan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice review. Too bad you didn't get the encore show like Stockton. I'm glad the NoCal was good for you.

oOo... the mandarins did have 8 but someone decided to go on vacation and not tell anyone til the day he left. soO im guessing we're going to have 7 tubas for a while.... <**> but i do have to say that was a great review :)

lil yevi, thanks for the info & sorry to hear that. I see you are in Mandarins this year. Great show!!!

Harvey

Renegades - A much better performance than Friday. So why the drop in score? I know DCI judges are trying to use DCA sheets for the DCI-P seniors this year, so it may still be the learing curve.

It seems our score was tabulated incorrectly. Our actual DCA computed score for PP should be a 73.213

Great review! I just have one difference in opinions in that I think BDB's show is one of the best designed shows out there this year. I thought the show concept, musical scoring and direction of the show was very well done and they earned every point over their competitors.