Ticket Prices at shows

What (on average) are the basic prices the shows you've gone to this year?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What (on average) are the basic prices the shows you've gone to this year?

• $10-$15
    • $20-30
    • $30-50

$25.00 was the higest ticket price at Corps at the Crest.

I paid $20 and moved around a bit. If I had more I would have paid more.

It's the Championship prices that are tough on me.

Once you get a plane ticket, a hotel room and rental car...

Maybe I need to play the lottery...

B)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$60 for 2 tickets at the Allentown, PA regional. ($30 a piece)

They are front row DEAD CENTER. I think they are worth it :)

They are front row DEAD CENTER.  I think they are worth it :)

Yeah. I think the point is that $60 might be worth it for those awesome center seats at a regional with lots of division 1 corps but $58 is not worth it for 2 seats on the 20 yard line to a show that is really small with mostly division 2 corps and only 2 division 1 corps.

Glad to see the high schoolers were taken care of by the way. ^OO^

I'm not complaining about the price of the shows ... That's okay. What bugs me is ripoffs like $25 for parking in Foxboro ... That's $75 for parking if you go all three days.

Insane.

They are front row DEAD CENTER.  I think they are worth it :)

$10.00 per reserved seat in Erie, PA for a 7 DCA corps contest, and 2 exhibition corps.................this coming Saturday July 17th,..................$12.00 Day of Show,....................this is by far THE best bargain this drum corps season,.....................BTW, center 3 sections are nearly sold out!

visit Erie Thunderbirds Website and click on the waving American Flag in the upper right corner of the main page for more information,..........................

I was looking into driving to Denver because it is such a great lineup but after a 16 hour drive I can't see spending $45 for a show when I can see quarters for under 30 and have 24 div. 1 corps. Just makes it tough for us poor college students.

I paid a lot I thought for my basic (general admission) ticket at the Seattle, WA show, so I was wondering how much everyone else has been paying.  The $25 for 7 corps seemed insane,...but maybe I'm wrong!  You tell me! :)

Actually it's not. I think the show is more important than the price, wouldn't you say? In that case, why even march? Heck, the corps fees are 1000+!! That's insane, I'd rather just stay home, the time of my life shouldn't be worth that.

[/sarcasm

It seems when I marched in Montreal in 82 they were like $8 or something like that for finals. I could be wrong.

Can you imagine? :) Oh yeah and both sides of the stadium were filling up too. :)

It seems when I marched in Montreal in 82 they were like $8 or something like that for finals. I could be wrong.

Can you imagine? :) Oh yeah and both sides of the stadium were filling up too. :)

You're close stephanie, Copy of my ticket for 1981 finals in montreal... $4.00... :blink:

dcitix1981.jpg

For those who are interested the appearance fees for 7 corps runs between $20,000 and $30,000. That money goes to the corps, and is guaranteed and paid before a single note, show or rain out. (This accounts for only about 18% of the corps operating budget.)

That $30K does not include hotels for judges corps housing, advertising …these costs will total between $5K & $10K

With many High School stadiums, ALL tickets MUST sell out and sell between $12 & $16 to break even. Sadly few shows do sell out.

Where promoters make up the shortfall is by charging for parking, selling “sponsorships”, program ads , shirts and the like.” In addition thousands of volunteer hours also help keep prices down (please thank them).

If shows were run as true business ventures, ticket prices would have to start at around $50 and top out between $75 and $125. That sounds a lot like the prices that were quoted for many of the other entertainment events in Bryan's post.