What does the crowd say on 1999 Cadets?

Wow! I just heard it at 2:02 on the 1990 Cadets recording. Didn't realize I even had that one. B) Thanks for the fully story, DBG. :)

Anybody wanna do it at San Antonio this year and make the APD? :P

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can hear "What a Manuver" on almost every cadets recording since 1990. Gotta listen close though. I sat close to the two guys that yell that in 2001. A couple others to listen for is Blue Devils through the 90's...... "I'm Wet" I think that started in 1992 with The Big Bad and Blue. Another one is Star 1990. Toward the beginning of the second tune where its quiet and the guard brings out the banner you hear, "Oh my gosh, the gravy's burning!!!" Don't know what that is about. 1999 Cavaliers, toward the end you hear, "higher". I believe that is in reference when Jeff Fieldler would get on the sky jack and the corps kept daring him to go higher. And the obvious is Vangard during their performances.

I know, I know.....way too much free time to find all that.

There used to be a thread on here (probably a couple years ago now) about things hollared out during performances. There were some good ones. Only one that comes to mind this moment is "Greg's an American bad***!" from Blue Devils 2000. I never was able to tell what was being said there until somebody posted it. LOL.

Then of course there are all the annoying names being hollared out in the worst places, but I guess that's kind of neat in a way.

"Go Ian!!!" -Cadets 2000

"Christyyyyyyyy!!!" -SCV 2000 (people on here were practically giving out death threats to whoever Christy was--LOL)

Another one is Star 1990.  Toward the beginning of the second tune where its quiet and the guard brings out the banner you hear, "Oh my gosh, the gravy's burning!!!"  Don't know what that is about. 

For the longest time while I was in high school watching drum corps videos with friends, we always thought someone had yelled "Oh my gosh the baby's burning!!!" but later realized that it was "gravy" not "baby." Must be some sort of corny reference to Belshazzar's Feast... :P

There used to be a thread on here (probably a couple years ago now) about things hollared out during performances.  There were some good ones.  Only one that comes to mind this moment is "Greg's an American bad***!" from Blue Devils 2000.  I never was able to tell what was being said there until somebody posted it.  LOL.

Then of course there are all the annoying names being hollared out in the worst places, but I guess that's kind of neat in a way.

"Go Ian!!!" -Cadets 2000

"Christyyyyyyyy!!!" -SCV 2000 (people on here were practically giving out death threats to whoever Christy was--LOL)

So that is what they were saying in BD 2000. well, now we all know.

I always wondered who started "Whadda manuva." I still think its great. I've also heard "Go Ian" several times, and wonder if Ian was actually a member. Who knows? Ian, are you out there?

And by the way, someone or something from Boston, would be Bostonian, not Bostonese.

Edited by QBDrum

The Waddah Manuvah is in every Cadets show from 93-99

some of th easiest ones to find are 93 after the turn backfield after the ballad, 95 after the opener, and 99 obviously