The Loudest Crowd Response ....

Which event or Corps drew the loudest crowd response?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Which event or Corps drew the loudest crowd response?

• 1992 - The VK Shark
    • 1995 - The end of Madison's "A Drum Corps Fans Dream"
    • 1997 - The end of Madison's "Pirates of Lake Mendota"
    • 2002 - Cavaliers "Fight Club"
    • 2003 - The End of Phantom's Harmonic Journey (and FINALLY ending on a resolving chord)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any time the crowd is load enough to cause a top five corps to cross tempo becase they couldnt hear on the field would have to qualify. In 1982 I was there on the 50 when SCV did the bottle dance. I still count my blessings that the stadium didnt fall down around us.

SCV all the way :worthy::worthy::worthy:

I would say the two times that the Bridgemen collapsed to the ground at the end of their shows (76,78) and also the last few minute of 78 Spirit of Atlanta "Let It Be Me"

Edited by felixh

2003 Cabs.. Oh wait, wrong circuit. :P

2003 Phantom, with 1995 Madison a very close second. I can't argue with those who say 1995 Madison. Both were awesome shows, and I remember screaming with the best of them when Mad City was at the Meadowlands in 1995. I still can't figure out how the Cadets beat them that night.

I'd have to give a nod to SCV 82. I was watching from the end zone just before we began to set up for retreat and it was indeed deafening inside the stadium when they began to play Bottle Dance. I've never heard anything rival that.

I will vote ahead of time for the 2006 Madison Scouts Alumni/Reunion Corps

performance at DCI Semi-Finals. I think the crowd is gonna go nuts!

I will vote ahead of time for the 2006 Madison Scouts Alumni/Reunion Corps

performance at DCI Semi-Finals. I think the crowd is gonna go nuts!

I'll second that nomination Jeff!

But for this poll, I think one has to seriously consider Madison 99 (JC Superstar.) I dont know if the mikes were placed differently that year but the crowd sounded crazy the entire performance. And the way they lost it when Scouts formed the cross at the end of the show makes one think they might have been at a Christian Rock Concert!

:P

I'm sorry, I apologize, I didn't read the whole thread, however when the B-men all fell down, I believe I was outside of the stadium, but it felt like I was on the 50 yard line, that's how loud it was!!!

And marching in after Spirit in 1980 in finals was not a pretty picture, their staff had come down for the final minute of Let It Be Me and it was a raucous, raging crowd for all of the right reasons, the horn line was faubulous, it was Jim Otts Let It Be Me, and I was so happy for them. They certainly deserved it after the year they had!!!!

Although it was before the DCI years, the Troopers got long and loud crowd responses at the 1969 and 1970 CYO Nationals. I was there. The crowds went crazy.

For pre-DCI day shows that I have attended I would have to agree.

After 1969 everyone was at the edge of their seats waiting for the Troopers in 1970. Where I was sitting the on-your-feet-cheering-at-the-top-of-your-lungs in 1970 started long before the end. It started with the square dance during Turkey in the Straw and no one sat back down. By the sunburst we were on the seats. By the end we were jumping up and down and losing our voices. When the scores were announced we were almost too horse to cheer and we were stomping.

The Boston area fans did so love when the Troopers came to town.

Come back soon, Troopers.

For DCI days that I have seen, I would have to go with the 1994 27th Lancer alumni show.

Somebody please bring back the 27th as an active Junior corps.

I am not an expert and I do not claim to have the definitive word on any aspect of drum corps.

I only know what I have seen and what I have heard and what I will never forget.