Anti Ampers Murfreesboro Guide?

so all of the top corps are using amps in their shows...and placing at the top...

is this use...or abuse??

How is it abuse? When really all of the corps in this show are great this year...obviously or they wouldn't have made it here.

They are letting the fans speak....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The voting button is a pop-up window that automatically pops up when you visit their website. I had to turn off my pop-up blocker in order to finally see it.

Having attended the Tour of Champions grand concert in Pasadena last August, I'm glad Phantom Regiment finally has realized the need for at least experimenting with amplification this season -- especially if DCI championships are to be in the Rose Bowl any time soon. As great as Regiment played there, the Rose Bowl's shape tended to prevent projection of the pit percussion's sound toward the audience. And if I noticed, certainly everyone else did also.

The voting button is a pop-up window that automatically pops up when you visit their website.  I had to turn off my pop-up blocker in order to finally see it.

I finally did that and it came up..thanks. :)

Sexyguardcap....

No Seattle review? Tell us what you thought of their amps :)

Edited, cause I figured out what to do!!! HAHA! b**bs

Edited by Lancerlady

Are you using the same email address? If you use a separate one, maybe it'll work. I think it's one vote per email addy.

Isn't it interesting that the corps that placed in the top 8 used amps, uhmmm. It seems it isn't hurting those corps much or at all.

I know there are some people against amps, I can understand your reasoning, but it is progress, may not be good progress in your minds and that is your opinion and that is great, we all have our opinions. I am not bashing any of you at all, but some things change and whether we like it or not, sometimes the changes are succesful. It is looking like this is one change that is succesful in the judges eyes and it doesn't look like it is going to go away. So let's support those kids out there, that is what this sport is about, the kids who are working day in and day out to put the best performance of their lives every night on the field.

Just think, there could still be a rule in Drum Corps that all instruments must be marched on the field (Timpani, Xylophone) and a limit on how many mallet instruments you have.

Guest DrumCorpFan
so all of the top corps are using amps in their shows...and placing at the top...

is this use...or abuse??

I'm not sure what your comment means, but it is quite apparent that this "choice" is mandatory if you want to think about winning. All the corps recognize this. That's why we don't have a mix of amped and unamped corps.