Baton Rouge, LA SCORES

Oh my. 

Maybe they need to play more and talk less.  ^0^

Ya don't say...

Kinda hard to get high marks in performance when there's not a whole lot of actual performing going on, isn't it? :P

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya don't say...

Kinda hard to get high marks in performance when there's not a whole lot of actual performing going on, isn't it? :P

This statement is so very true.

I was at that show tonight, and I think that the BD hornline MIGHT have played for about 5 minutes, or at least that is the way it felt. What they did play was wonderful when they were in close proximity and not moving very fast, but as soon as field coverage and motion were introduced, NUMEROUS timing tears began to occur. There was disagreement not only in the brass section itself, but between the percurssion and brass.

Wayne, for the love of God, let the kids PLAY!!! They really can play well, but they just don't do ENOUGH!

Slight correction:

According to DCI.org  Colts had an 80.4    (instead of 80.5 as originally posted)

Sorry about that. The scores I posted came directly from the announcer over a cell phone as they were announced. Every night we have some parents or supporters on the Spirit clubhouse board who are on the phones with members or support staff getting the scores as they happen. That is how they are posted so quick!

:) WAY TO GO COLTS!! Don't count these kids out yet! They may have a trick or two up their sleeves, and some major motivation to get into the top 12....those postcards are going to start working. You just watch!! They'll be a solid 12th by Jew Jersey! Come on COLTS!!!! b**bs

Blue Devils 2nd in brass  .2 behind Crown

Amazing. Different judge from SA, too. SO the 6th in brass may not have been a fluke.

This statement is so very true.

I was at that show tonight, and I think that the BD hornline MIGHT have played for about 5 minutes, or at least that is the way it felt. What they did play was wonderful when they were in close proximity and not moving very fast, but as soon as field coverage and motion were introduced, NUMEROUS timing tears began to occur. There was disagreement not only in the brass section itself, but between the percurssion and brass.

Wayne, for the love of God, let the kids PLAY!!! They really can play well, but they just don't do ENOUGH!

Thats hilarious because I was sitting next to Mr. Downey during rehearsal in Kalamazoo, and happened to peek at the music lying on the bleachers. They happen to play, and a lot at that. Though they have been having some balance issues with the amped pit *I do like their amps however*, but did make great strides during rehearsals to get those problems somewhat worked out.