Arm Chair Corps Director association of DCI

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allright, since nothing seems to be happening here...I'ma go ahead and propose something as an "Arm Chair Corps Director". (I've posted this idea before, but for those who haven't heard it yet...)

BEHOLD! - My idea for a

4th Coming(but technically 5th) of the Magical Mystery Tour As the driector of Impulse

I came up with this show while thinking if it were possible to rip off past shows while being original. This MMT is a little story about DCI, poking fun at the whole "world" of it.

Guard uni's will be very simple. All black unis. Of course, they will be changing throughout the show.

Opening

The corps will start out scattered on the left side of the field. When the DM counts to 4, the corps will hurridly move 4 counts to a box set as the box flies while backwards marching to the center of the field as such - "1! - 2! - a' (move)1!2!3!4! (hit box - insert Magical Mystery Tour main theme here as box flies to center of field) " Corps will hold a chord until the next sequence starts.

Next Sequence - Clocks - Tapestry of Nations (opening from Cadets 2000)

The purpose of using this song is to basically introduce the setting of the "world of DCI". While it might seem odd to have 2 opening sequences(the MMT and now this), I put it in anyways. After some random drill moves and the hit at the end of it, we move on to making fun of a certain green corps from Chicago.

Mars

Okay, so ever since 2000, the Cavaliers have been a non-stop green machine that seems to be from another planet. So I figure, why not actually have them from another planet? Little green men scoring .85 away from a perfect score? Sounds like alien work to me. Part of the guard and corps will be wearing Cavi hats and sashes while performing impossible drill moves.(no seriously, they'll be walking around on their hands and playing with their butts while doing diamond cutters :beer: )...(okay, maybe not, but I'll think of something)

AMPS

Personally, I don't know which song would be more insulting to talk during; Canon, or Appalachian Spring. One of them will be the song for this sequence...Anyways. We will open up the ballad softly with very good playing...and then have the most obnoxious sounding narrator doing a rendition of Boston 04. ..."The Magical Mystery Tour is something that cannot be described through words, let the music touch your soul...yada yada yada". While he/she is doing this the corps members will begin to become irritated by the constant talking. People will start to fall out of form, and some will yell "SHUT UP!" as they march near the amper. Right before the big hit, a few members will fall out of form and run up to the narrator and proceed to beat the crap out of him/her...with the amp still on. The screams of agony will end this tune :huh: (THE ONLY TIME AMPS ARE EVER NEEDED)

Drum Feature - Channel One Suite - Cadets 2000 d-break

Showing off the jazz part of DCI will be the BD signature song, Channel One Suite. As we get to a drum solo part of the song, the snares and Tenors will be duking it out in a drum battle(and that little pulse from Cadets 2000 will come up to signify the "anything you can do i can do better" theme). The tenors will then proceed to rip on the behind the back playing we all know and love by wearing a spoof of this years' "Backwards Uniforms" the cadets have...and they'll also be wearing masks so you have no clue which way they're facing :huh:

WAR! (AKA MALAGA!)

The Tenors and Snares will get so into the battle that they'll actually start a war between all corps(guard will be wearing spoofs of other corps unis and duking it out with sabres and guns. You might even see some guest appearences of the Pirate, the Bear, the Fat Lady, Carmen, Old Bugles vs. Bb's, etc. :beer: ) They'll tap off into the ending of Malaga(right when the solos start) and start the war! The soloists will do their thing, and when the melody of Malaga comes in, the guard will be staged up front so they can beat the crap out each other.

...Okay now stay with me. You know how in Madison 95 right after the horns go into the sideways CF there's the huge beats the pit makes. Well, we'll have that in...because you can't have a war without a...

!FIGHT CLUB!

Same set-up as cavies, only the guard inside the box will be every corps in DCI.

The corps will then go into the theme of HUNGARIAN DANCE NO. 2 and form a sort of wedge on the left side of the field that turns out to be...

Closing - Magical Mystery Tour reprises...and rip off Star 91 AKA a giant ! instead of a cross. :beer:

So...we rotate the giant ! and go into the MMT! And in Star 91 fashion, we end up with the same thing on the other side of the field...only instead of holding a chord...we play the bottle dance!...NOT!

I have waaay too much time on my hands :huh:

I thought we already had an armchair director league, and it was called DCPI :P

We should probably have some sort of meeting,shouldn't we?

The question IS-can anybody get out of their chairs?!?! :P

Get out of our chairs ??? I thought they were gonna have wheels ???

~G~

Yeah,but my overstuffed,extra large Lay-Z-Boy (equipped with lumbar vibrator and 6-pack storage in arm rest) wasn't avaliable with wheels!! :P