Fuel Costs Hitting Some Corps Hard

Memphis Sound posted a plea for assistance on their website.

http://www.memphisdrumcorps.org/Pages/news/fuel_fund.htm

I also understand that Fever from California might be having difficulty as well.

Are there any other corps whether Div I, II or III that are experiencing problems?

Edited by MusicCityLegend

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With diesel prices in the midwest averaging $2.19 right now compared to $1.68 last year, I think corps in all divisions are feeling the pinch!

That being said... I picked up some "gas gift cards" at one of the truck stops locally that can be used pretty much at any Marathon / Ashland location. I am going to give it to one of the corps at this weekend's Massillon show on Sunday. I spent $30 which may get a corps 13 or 14 gallons of fuel, but that's 13 or 14 they don't have to pay for.

If 2,000 fans spent even $20 bucks, that's $40,000 we folks in fandom could spread around to various corps to help out.

:)

Yes, fuel has been a challenge. We expected high fuel prices, however, we didn't expect diesel to be as high as it is. The trip to the Northwest, while beautiful, was hard on the bottom line with its outrageously high fuel prices.

Phantom Regiment has set up a special Fuel Fund on its Web site.

Every little bit helps.

Thanks for your support.

Greg Newell

Vice President

Phantom Regiment

most corps have fuel fund buckets at their souvie stands as well, let's help fill them if you've got a couple extra bucks :)

the memphis sound website says they were leaving on tour again today.

does anyone have an update on their situation? and if they got some much needed assistance to get them down the road?

I just sent in my donation to Memphis Sound. I also sent out emails to all alumni letting them know. Thanks for posting this. !

The website says they have 2/3rds of their goal. I am also going to get my husband to donate as well.

Even donating $20 helps whatever you can! :)

Edited by Lancerlady