Mini Corps Championship at DCA...

Which Mini Corps Will the JUDGES Pick to Win at DCA?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mini Corps Will the JUDGES Pick to Win at DCA?

• CorpVets
    • Erie Thunderbirds
    • Ghost Riders
    • Golden Eagles
    • Mass Brass
    • Minne Brass
    • Renegades
    • South Shore Imperials
    • Other

You guys may do whatever you like as long as it conforms to the mini corps rules. As far as adjudication goes, anything you do to sell your show will improve your score. If you do a drill and it works within the show format, you'll get credit. If it doesn't you won't. There are still no specific sub categories for mini corps but the same general rules apply as always. I hope that helps, Donny.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am asking for commitments this weekend, but there is enough interest to go ahead and do one. Rochester Cru that is...so I will say 90% sure.

We will have to play the field show music or pay for different copyrights, is that correct??? That is the new rule for mini corps if I am getting the correct information. I knew it was coming.

Since the field show music is already paid for, it looks like that is the only way we would do it. I am NOT looking to pay any more copyright fees, that is for sure.

So, if we do drill and have a drum line, does it matter??? That is the million dollar question to me at least. I have been fishing on the other mini corps thread for an answer, and there is none so far. Some one give me the scoop, please.

DA

I did not vote for others...

Mini Corps are judged on total music performance and effect, percussion is part of much of course.

Drill is considered for effect and in some cases when it effect the demand of the musical performance.

All mini Corps this year must have an insurance Bond Posted and have their music

clearance.

On or about August 26 DCa will list the Corps and their performance orders. These times are set with last years Champion going on last, the rest are put in order by Post office dates.

As for a request from several Mini Corps, No Corps will be allow to compete with extra memebrs.

To list Corps ahead of time might be misleading to our fans.

Golden Eagles

You guys may do whatever you like as long as it conforms to the mini corps rules. As far as adjudication goes, anything you do to sell your show will improve your score. If you do a drill and it works within the show format, you'll get credit. If it doesn't you won't. There are still no specific sub categories for mini corps but the same general rules apply as always. I hope that helps, Donny.

Thanks Strutta...

Donny

(friend of all mini corps members and staff)

I voted Renegades, but I have heard the Golden Eagles from last year. I was very impressed. I think if the Golden Eagles will take it up a notch they may have a real chance. So it probably will be close.