One of our members called to duty

Greetings from Afghanistan!

Just want to personally say a big thanks to the entire drum corps community for all of your kind words...WOW, is all I can say! :worthy::music::blink:

Hope things are going well for you all back in the states. Like everyone else, I’ve been following the news on the Katrina disaster down in New Orleans. In fact, my unit sent our remaining helicopters to rescue trapped folks in the flooded zones. So, we’re doing double duty both here in Afghanistan as well as down there in the Big Easy.

Haven't missed a beat since I got here on Aug 30th -- we’ve already posted 6 combat rescue saves. The mission is awesome knowing that we're assisting friendly forces, yet going after the Al Qaeda troops that started this whole mess with 9/11. Speaking of 9/11 -- remember to honor the victims this weekend on this 4th anniversary. We're planning to do something special as well.

I'm also incredibly proud of my Renegades. A top 5 finish in finals -- wow, we've been there in prelims, but never in finals! I'm especially proud of the color guard because it's been a very challenging season. They buckled down, worked their butts off, and showed their true colors. :angel:

As for here, I've coined a new term: "AFGHANISTAN HOT". Everyday it reaches into the low 100s yet is dusty as ####. Don't know how the locals breathe this stuff...I hope my sinuses and lungs can hold out until I return.

Gotta go for now. Can't monitor this because of mission requirements, but I thank you all for a wonderful 2005 season. Take care and all the best...

>> Al

--------------------------------------

AL YEH, Capt, USAF

Logistics Readiness Officer

Undisclosed location, Afghanistan

--------------------------------------

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi AL!!

We miss you dearly. Todd made little 'Al' pins for us to put on our uniforms. I will post the picture either here or on our forum soon. Gotta get them uploaded first.

We love you Al!!  Come home safe!

I've got a pic!! I'll post tonight!!! :)

We miss you Al!! I'm so glad you're safe!!!!

I was WONDERING where my other post went....

Sam, are you being bad?!?!

I triple :ph34r: everyone back -- I miss you all already... :(

George...nice 9/11 remembrance logo. That's what we're here in Afghanistan for.

Here's an online blog on my adventures:

http://al-afghanistan.blogspot.com/

Cheers!

Sam, are you being bad?!?!

I triple :ph34r: everyone back -- I miss you all already... :(

George...nice 9/11 remembrance logo.  That's what we're here in Afghanistan for.

Here's an online blog on my adventures:

http://al-afghanistan.blogspot.com/

Cheers!

Hey Al...I'll tell Mr Papp you are overseas if you'd like...I'm sure he would like to know!

Mike