Pittsburgh, PA

hmm...not only was I the one who heard the static problem and the bleeding from the front line during the Cadets recording, but my husband brought it up and we went back to relisten.."what is this fuzzy sound"...Oh he figured it out alright (He's a professional as well). I attribute that to the fact that those who have their mics on and aren't using them at the time, that is probably where the feedback is coming from. So I would suggest turning down the sound until the appropriate time for using them. And also the Bjork speak or whatever it is called, was alot of static that night. There was a lot of static interference with the whole show.

I don't know if it was Indianapolis or San Antonio because this was given to me as a gift to listen too. It sounded like Indianapolis because of the "dome" sound, I could be wrong, but that is what I was basing my judgement on there.

These "issues" need to be addressed, especially if people are gonna pay good money to buy these CD's in the future. It's not fair to the person as a consumer or is it fair to the kids performing to have their shows messed up with these technical issues.

Furthermore, I will say that all of the front lines were almost over powering at points in other recordings as well, at times drowning out the horn lines...

Edited by Lancerlady

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But before YOU leave, can we sit by each other at finals?

hmm...not only was I the one who heard the static problem and the bleeding from the front line during the Cadets recording, but my husband brought it up and we went back to relisten.."what is this fuzzy sound"...Oh he figured it out alright (He's a professional as well). I attribute that to the fact that those who have their mics on and aren't using them at the time, that is probably where the feedback is coming from. So I would suggest turning down the sound until the appropriate time for using them. And also the Bjork speak or whatever it is called, was alot of static that night. There was a lot of static interference with the whole show.

I don't know if it was Indianapolis or San Antonio because this was given to me as a gift to listen too. It sounded like Indianapolis because of the "dome" sound, I could be wrong, but that is what I was basing my judgement on there.

These "issues" need to be addressed, especially if people are gonna pay good money to buy these CD's in the future. It's not fair to the person as a consumer or is it fair to the kids performing to have their shows messed up with these technical issues.

Furthermore, I will say that all of the front lines were almost over powering at points in other recordings as well, at times drowning out the horn lines...

You and your husband are professional whats? I think you should clarify. Simply calling yourself and your husband a professional means nothing, at least not to me.

Secondly, you can't even remember or state the correct place you heard this horrible feedback.

Also, you state there is NO MUSIC in the show beyond the ballad. . .again, that is just nuts. Take Michael Terry's son's solo alone. That solo is beautiful!

People have raved all summer about the music book and hornline of The Cadets. I doubt they will have trouble listening to them on the recordings.

I am all for stating an opinion. . .maybe it is not your kind of music. But when you take that extra step from talking about static/fuzz (that noone else can find) and then come up with there is no music in the show, you have crossed from stating an opinion to making a dig on a corps.

Then you always seem to wonder why people get mad at you.

Edited by TXMystreaux

You and your husband are professional whats?  I think you should clarify.  Simply calling yourself and your husband a professional means nothing, at least not to me.

Secondly, you can't even remember or state the correct place you heard this horrible feedback.

Also, you state there is NO MUSIC in the show beyond the ballad. . .again, that is just nuts.  Take Michael Terry's son's solo alone.  That solo is beautiful! 

People have raved all summer about the music book and hornline of The Cadets.  I doubt they will have trouble listening to them on the recordings.

I am all for stating an opinion. . .maybe it is not your kind of music.  But when you take that extra step from talking about static/fuzz (that noone else can find) and then come up with there is no music in the show, you have crossed from stating an opinion to making a dig on a corps. 

Then you always seem to wonder why people get mad at you.

I am not trying to make you or anyone mad by stating my opinions. If you love the horn line book of the Cadets, fine, that is your personal preference. I personally do not. I don't know why you choose to be mad about my opinion.

But since you want my resume here it is..I was a professional light tech in the music business in Memphis in the 80's and early 90's and studied recording engineering, and have worked in New York City as well a light tech. I studied recording engineering because I wanted to be involved in music business but am now studying to be a paralegal hoping to combine all my knowledge. My best friend is a sound tech who owns his own sound company and tours all over the world and taught me live sound and I have run live sound before. My husband worked at Universal for many years as an audio tech. He also owns his own video production company and recording studio. We are professional musicians and techs in lighting and sound, and video production. :)

Do you want to see my resume that I worked at CBGB's in New York or that I worked at B.B. Kings Club in New York City before settling down to get married? :blink:

Anyway, the reason I don't know what show the audio feedback was a problem was someone sent me the audio as a gift and I don't know what show it was from..so sue me..geez. I am not making a dig at a corps I was stating a fact, it is in the recording, I will be sure to ask the person who sent me the audio to ask them what show it was. If you want to get down to it it has been mentioned about them having some technical issues at some show. I can't remember at the top of my head. But I know it is there, and my husband knows it is there, it is not made up or a dig at the corps. If you feel that way...I don't know what to say to you. You can be mad at me if you want, but you're mad at the wrong person.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But before YOU leave, can we sit by each other at finals?

Uh NO...and what is that supposed to mean?

I was at Indy, and I don't recall hearing any static that night - from any corps.  Now I'm not doubting your professionalism, and I'm sure you heard what you heard.  But if there was a problem, my Indy experience tells me that it's been fixed.  In that case, it's not unlike a hornline playing out of tune at an early show, only to fix their intonation issues the rest of the season.  This happens to every corps, every season, but we don't hold those earlier performance issues against them forever.  Certainly we don't say "I don't like the Cavaliers show because they played out of tune in June".  We realize that they've improved, and generally we as fans judge them on where the show ends up, not where it came from.

I can understand if performance issues cloud your enjoyment of a show, regardless of the design.  I can be much the same way, which is a big reason why my favorites show are typically the highest scoring.  However, if that's the approach you're going to take, then when those performance issues get fixed you have to be willing to recognize and admit that.

As I stated before Matt, I didn't know what show it was for sure, why are y'all hung up on that? I have the CD, it is on there. It could've been San Antonio, don't know for sure, because it was given to me as a gift for the SCV show. If you want I can ask the person who did it and get back with you on it.

It is not the reason I don't like the Cadets show, it is one of the reasons I don't, I just don't like the show. Is that alright with y'all?

It's not alright with me. You're entitled to your opinion, alright. It's just not alright because the ample evidence in this forum this year establishes you're not giving this show a fair chance.

If you said any single good thing (surely there is ONE good thing to say), I can't remember it. On the contrary, you've had all sorts of negatives to volunteer - and let's not forget, no one is compelled to say anything in these threads - beginning with your refusal to offer even a polite clap at the end of your first viewing of the show.

So have your opinon; that's your perogative. State it here; there's nothing we can do about that. But don't make us out the villians for finding fault in your repeated insult to the Cadets and this show.

HH

First off "HH" I wasn't talking to you. However, I have found some good things to say about the Cadets this year, if you choose to ignore them that is your problem.

I have said,

The ballad is nice

The horn line is talented

The drill is nice

And I still have the right to not like this Cadets show.....don't I?

Yes, I do..

I am not trying to make you or anyone mad by stating my opinions. If you love the horn line book of the Cadets, fine, that is your personal preference. I personally do not. I don't know why you choose to be mad about my opinion.

But since you want my resume here it is..I was a professional light tech in the music business in Memphis  in the 80's and early 90's and studied recording engineering, and have worked in New York City as well a light tech. I studied recording engineering because I wanted to be involved in music business but am now studying to be a paralegal hoping to combine all my knowledge. My best friend is a sound tech who owns his own sound company and tours all over the world and taught me live sound and I have run live sound before. My husband worked at Universal for many years as an audio tech. He also owns his own video production company and recording studio. We are professional musicians and techs in lighting and sound, and video production.  :)

Do you want to see my resume that I worked at CBGB's in New York or that I worked at B.B. Kings Club in New York City before settling down to get married? :blink:

Anyway, the reason I don't know what show the audio feedback was a problem was someone sent me the audio as a gift and I don't know what show it was from..so sue me..geez. I am not making a dig at a corps I was stating a fact, it is in the recording, I will be sure to ask the person who sent me the audio to ask them what show it was. If you want to get down to it it has been mentioned about them having some technical issues at some show. I can't remember at the top of my head. But I know it is there, and my husband knows it is there, it is not made up or a dig at the corps. If you feel that way...I don't know what to say to you. You can be mad at me if you want, but you're mad at the wrong person.

Don't get mad because you were asked about your professional career. You made a claim about a recording (which it seems you and your husband are alone on) and claimed to be a professional. You shouldn't be surprised you were called on it.

Secondly, again, you did not say you did not like the music. You said there was no music in the show aside from the ballad. It went from opinion to dig